R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AES in SF in late October  (Read 2926 times)

hollywood_steve

AES in SF in late October
« on: August 11, 2004, 07:14:35 PM »

Its always something.  Having the left coast AES show in SF instead of LA isn't a big deal; its a good excuse for us to get out of town for a few days and live in a real city for a change.  We even planned on taking the Coast Starlight train in one direction; for a surprisingly reasonable cost you can get your own private room for the day long trip up the coast.  But then I realized that this will be the first trip we have taken since acquiring our half-dachshund / half-chihuahua from the local chihuahua rescue shelter.  The dog goes everywhere with us and that means SF in October.

Checked the Amtrak website to see their policy regarding pets and found that they don't have one - they just don't accept pets, period.  The Ms. doesn't take no for an answer when it comes to her little baby (no, we do not have children, how'd you guess....), so this little dachshund/chihuahua mutt is going to be the worlds first 9lb "hearing ear" dog.  (Amtrak accepts "service" dogs).  I can already see the scene at the trackside boarding platform as the 70 year old porter and the Ms. get into it over the damn dog.  

I think I'll fly Southwest and meet them at the pet-friendly hotel.........

ted nightshade

Re: AES in SF in late October
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 07:51:54 PM »

Where exactly are they holding the AES anyhow? Is it really in San Francisco and not in some East Bay transportation hell zone? Where in town is it?
Ted Nightshade aka Cowan

There's a sex industry too.
Or maybe you prefer home cookin'?

blackcat

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 06:27:03 PM »

Usually it is in SF proper. At the Moscone center.

ToddP

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 10:38:37 AM »

It is indeed at the Moscone Center, two blocks south of market street. It's not downtown, but close. BART has now opened extentions to SFO, so that makes transport cheaper if you want to fly into SFO. The closest good hotels are around Union Square or Embarcadero.
I hope all of you can make it! Be sure to come say hi (Booth 602)

Todd
Todd Peterson
TransAudio Group
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.