R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: IMP question for you guys  (Read 15263 times)

dandigby

Re: IMP question for you guys
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 03:49:54 AM »

I really enjoy the rock, but any musical style is fine for me..  I had a go at the Fletcher "IMP/Discussion" country number from a whiles back that Keith posted, which was something I don't get to try often (everything all played and miked together in the one room live).  That was a new bag of challenges, but it was great fun trying to sit it all together.

As Grantis said, no matter what the track is, I like the fact that everyone has the same baseline and comes out all different places.. its a great way to prove how much I have to learn, and learn a great deal in the process.  Looking forward to it.

osumosan

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 08:12:21 AM »

I am of the camp of liking the opportunity to get a variety of styles. That said, each time I manage to get to do one of these mixes, regardless of style, I learn a TON about the types of tracks, problems and nut-and-bolt methods that come up in mixing. I really appreciate this board and want to thank J and everyone who contributes and gives feedback on each others mixes. The ear count on these mixes is unparalleled as far as education goes.

Cheers!

Michael

SingSing

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 11:55:26 AM »

A few things that I've been thinking about...

Personally, I like songs that is a more of a production/creative challenge, like 9, 10, 12, 15 & 18 for example. Nothing wrong with a plain rock song, but the two are very different exercises imho.

I agree that a high trackcount is preferable.

To get the critique/feedback thread going we could just agree to comment on the previous 5-10 mixes in the submission thread. That way it becomes a less daunting task when we're dealing with 20-30 mixes.

All the best,

Stefan
SingSing

Scott Featherstone

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »

Mr. Hall,

I have tracks from a hard rock/metal instrumental band that might prove interesting.Decently tracked,and recorded in PT.The artist is totally ok with submitting it.Can you PM me and let me know if they might be "IMP-able" ?   Smile

I Like Kevin Bacon, But I Hate Footloose.

Thank You.

Scott

j.hall

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 01:41:28 AM »

send me an mp3 to listen to.  i have a track i can use and have just been lazy about grabbing it.

KDevéria

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 04:09:04 PM »

Apologies if this isn't the right place for this, but I'd love to partake in the next IMP. Unfortunately the 'http://www1.prosoundweb.com/imp' link isn't working for me, giving me an error 310 message saying there are too many redirects. Sad Is this because there's no IMP atm or is it my browser? In case of the latter, I use Chrome and have also used IE but to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Scott Featherstone

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 08:58:36 PM »

What email address shall I send it to ?
I Like Kevin Bacon, But I Hate Footloose.

Thank You.

Scott

fiasco ( P.M.DuMont )

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 06:49:53 AM »

KDev
Philip

DCombs

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 04:09:43 PM »

it would be nice to have small teams of people who will just review their own small groups mixes.

one of my least favorite parts about imp is that we post a song once, people give you a horribly vague statement followed by the end of the event. it would make more sense to let people post their fixes and have their team critique again. i believe this would help all of our mixes. any one else agree?

...just spitballin'.
I'm a certified pants technician.

Eric H.

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 05:08:56 PM »

I think the exact same thing. Small groups and the possibility to make 1 correction.
I know I usually go back and change things based on feedback.
eric harizanos

DCombs

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

also, J.

i have a song with 48 tracks ready to go. all i would need to do is send you a zip file and for you to upload.

if you need a sample i can send you one.

but this is a song i did for the womb, and i thought it turned out kinda cool.

j.hall

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 05:45:29 PM »

yeah man, send me an mp3.

i think the small groups of reviews will be easy, can't we just review all the mixes on the page you posted on in the submission thread?

we typically end up with 3 pages of submissions.  every one reviews "their" own page.

rankus

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 09:37:05 PM »

We'd have to make sure everyone's preferences are set to display the same # of pages.. mine is set to display the maximum allowed cuz I prefer scrolling over clicking.. not a big issue, but thought I'd better mention it in case.

The setting is at the top of the page at:   User CP / Settings / Messages Per Page

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

DCombs

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 09:55:21 PM »

hey j,

i'm using megaupload.com to host the file, so here is my song submission.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2U67NFXN

Gabriel F

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 12:12:57 AM »

I think a better idea wil be to make groups of 10 people. The first 10 uploaders are one group, next 10 uploaders are the next group, and etc.

I said 10 as an example,choose any number of people you like.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up