R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fine Single-Malt Scotch?  (Read 16918 times)

David Schober

Re: Fine Single-Malt Scotch?
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2004, 06:29:04 PM »

Hi PRob,

A good subject for political junkies of different stripes to have some common ground!  I got inspired by the Talisker comment and just bought some this afternoon.  I'm enjoying it now.  Thanks for the recommendation.  Good and peaty, but not overpowering.  A few drops of water made it just right.

While at the store I found a book by Michael Jacskon (of course not the singer) on various whiskies.  A great resource worth checking out.

A year ago in England I had the pleasure of spending about $75 on single glass of the most amazing nectar of the Gods I've ever had.(I'm ashamed to say I can't recall the name!!!)  No joke...the finish lasted a solid 20-30 minutes.  Totally amazing!  I certainly can't do that very often, but wow!

I asked the store manager about the Johnny Walker Green label.  He heard about it, but only had it in a gift pack and hadn't tried it yet.  The indivuals should be out soon.

Cheers!
David Schober

Gideon

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2004, 03:29:01 PM »

David Schober wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 18:29

While at the store I found a book by Michael Jacskon (of course not the singer) on various whiskies.  A great resource worth checking out.

I agree, an excellent book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/076240731X/ref=sib_dp_pt/102 -8473017-7848925#reader-link
Gideon Egger
May Ying Music, Inc.
Hell's Kitchen NYC

I put 4 compressors in series and i got more Milk and Cream and Thick sound out of the audio but why?

-Walters

David Schober

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2004, 03:45:44 PM »

Hello Gideon,

Thanks for the Amazon link.  FYI, the book I was looking at wasn't limited to Scotch.  it listed whiskies from around the world.  Of course Ireland was listed, (I do enjoy Bushmills as an inexpensive drink, and Black Bush I think is quite good for a premium blended) but also had reviews on whiskies from places as strange as Japan.  I'll double check the name.  But it's not limited by Scottish producers which I found a good thing.  I couldn't find it in Amazon, but the title is says "whisky" and not "scotch."  No doubt his books on Scotch will be more in depth for that specific than the book to which I'm referring.
David Schober

PRobb

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2004, 12:03:12 AM »

David-
Actually it IS that Michael Jackson. The photo on the jacket is from a short-lived and poorly publicized moment in journey through the world of plastic surgery    Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

David Schober

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2004, 12:28:15 AM »

The things people will do when their career hits the skids..

there are worse things one could be doing..... Laughing
David Schober

ted nightshade

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2004, 12:41:17 PM »

There's something about this Laphroig with a habanero and some honey steeped in the bottle that just takes me further- it ain't smooth at all but man it gets me THERE.! A bit of an off-sour thing though that's catching up with me here. I do think I will try the 10 year Ardbeg and see if that's more like it, and the Laguvalin (sp!) too.

Is that Whiskey Fest always in NY? Is it ever a west coast thing?
Ted Nightshade aka Cowan

There's a sex industry too.
Or maybe you prefer home cookin'?

David Schober

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2004, 01:05:45 PM »

ted nightshade wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 11:41

There's something about this Laphroig with a habanero and some honey steeped in the bottle that just takes me further- it ain't smooth at all but man it gets me THERE.! A bit of an off-sour thing though that's catching up with me here. I do think I will try the 10 year Ardbeg and see if that's more like it, and the Laguvalin (sp!) too.

Hey Ted,

That sounds crazy.  And just crazy for me to give it a try!  So how's this done?   A pour the scotch in a new bottle with the goodies or put the goodies on the Laphroig bottle?  Normal size pepper?  How much honey?  You said to steep the ingredients...heat or just let it sit for a bit?

Sound like a great cold rememdy!

David
David Schober

Gideon

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2004, 04:51:09 PM »

I once soaked a hotdog in Laphroaig; it was the best damn hotdog I ever ate.
Gideon Egger
May Ying Music, Inc.
Hell's Kitchen NYC

I put 4 compressors in series and i got more Milk and Cream and Thick sound out of the audio but why?

-Walters

ted nightshade

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2004, 11:30:25 AM »

I'm still working on the recipe- I cut a large habanero into several pieces and popped it right in the Laphroig bottle, from which I filled my little formerly-vanilla-extract pocket flask to take down to the studio.

First it was just hot... a couple days later, a nice roasty pepper flavor developed... then it got hotter and roastier... now, I can barely drink more than a sip! So I added the honey and a touch of lemon juice. I think maybe it was best just after a few days... possibly it would be better to dress the habanero and remove the seeds and membrane and go for a milder more tasy beverage with just the shell of the pepper.

It's not the ultimate recipe but it gets you LIT and is very good for opening up the vocal chords!

Oh yeah, I forgot, about the time it was getting hotter and roastier I popped a bit of echinacea root, fresh from the garden, into my little flask- holy cow, that was really something. That'll cure your cold!

David Schober wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 10:05

ted nightshade wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 11:41

Hey Ted,

That sounds crazy.  And just crazy for me to give it a try!  So how's this done?   A pour the scotch in a new bottle with the goodies or put the goodies on the Laphroig bottle?  Normal size pepper?  How much honey?  You said to steep the ingredients...heat or just let it sit for a bit?

Sound like a great cold rememdy!

David

Ted Nightshade aka Cowan

There's a sex industry too.
Or maybe you prefer home cookin'?

Tomas Danko

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2004, 06:41:36 PM »

Gideon wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 21:51

I once soaked a hotdog in Laphroaig; it was the best damn hotdog I ever ate.

Now THAT is truly the words of a connoiseur! Smile

Cheers,

Tomas Danko
www.danko.se
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.