R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yay! More cost/work for small business owners!  (Read 1606 times)

bblackwood

Yay! More cost/work for small business owners!
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/05/smallbusiness/1099_health_ca re_tax_change/

This sucks, no way around it...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

danickstr

Re: Yay! More cost/work for small business owners!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 03:06:01 AM »

that does suck..  Seems very inefficient and grueling to deal with.  I hope that public outcry will figure out a different method eventually.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

Edvaard

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 06:34:53 AM »

Let's all gather up and send our congress people an envelope containing a $1 bill and a 1099 form, with a letter stating "I'm not sure where this contribution might fall within the new 1099 law, or if it is above or below some limit, but being that it will take me a year or more to read all through the new law, I am sending you a 1099 form to fill out, just for us both to be on the safe side. This information and a copy of the 1099 with your name and the contribution amount is being sent to the IRS. Thank you for your co-operation."

Bill_Urick

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 06:56:31 AM »

Edvaard wrote on Tue, 11 May 2010 06:34

Let's all gather up and send our congress people an envelope containing a $1 bill and a 1099 form, with a letter stating "I'm not sure where this contribution might fall within the new 1099 law, or if it is above or below some limit, but being that it will take me a year or more to read all through the new law, I am sending you a 1099 form to fill out, just for us both to be on the safe side. This information and a copy of the 1099 with your name and the contribution amount is being sent to the IRS. Thank you for your co-operation."

While I commend the innovative approach here, why do you think this provision was included in the first place?

Did they pass a bill they did not read or fully understand?

Or did they pass a provision they thought was a bad idea?

Or is this another facet of ever increasing and never to be relinquished intrusion and control?

But that's a good thing, right?

(Edited to stay on topic.)
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

seedyunderbelly.com

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:21:54 AM »

awe shux I wanna see it Bill!

jonathan jetter

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 01:43:46 AM »

this is impossibly absurd.

i hope it gets repealed.

if it doesn't, i'm just going to flat-out ignore it, and hope that millions of other people do the same.

if they don't...well.  the number of reasons on my "relocate to europe" list is growing ever larger.

Wireline

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 07:18:08 AM »

It is rapidly getting to the point at which I will make more money staying at home collecting VA disability than I will working 65 hours a week.  
Ken Morgan
Wireline Studio
Midland, Texas
www.wirelinestudio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 20 queries.