R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New IMP?  (Read 4973 times)

Josh McArdle

New IMP?
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:24:18 PM »

J, if you're not too busy is there any chance of a new IMP soon? Would love to get involved in this one. Learning something new every time Smile

seedyunderbelly.com

Re: New IMP?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 03:26:07 AM »

I just looked at the IMP24 Comments did not realize so many familiar faces were rocking it -  Seems like a neat thing! Kudos to all. jk

NelsonL

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 03:46:39 AM »

This seems a good place to point out that several of our regular IMPers are Nashville based-- J. Hall, Grant, Podgorny (sorry if I missed anyone) hope you guys are all safe and dry.

Seb Riou

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 03:30:06 AM »

Yep, can't wait !

j.hall

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »

NelsonL wrote on Sun, 09 May 2010 02:46

This seems a good place to point out that several of our regular IMPers are Nashville based-- J. Hall, Grant, Podgorny (sorry if I missed anyone) hope you guys are all safe and dry.

Grant and I stayed dry.  and so did our studios.  the flood (aka. floodpocolypse) is pretty bad.  however, i've seen this city really come together in amazing ways.  organizations are turning away volunteers because they have too many!!!

J-Texas

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 09:09:52 AM »

I'm glad to hear that you guys are pulling together to figure this out. For some reason, you have to really search for coverage to find out what's going on. It's disappointing. I'm sure there are a lot of folks (myself included) who are ignorant to what's really going on.
Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

j.hall

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »

nashville received 14" (that's an average, some places got 18" some got 12") of rain in about 36 - 48 hours.

on Saturday May 1st, south nashville (mainly the suburbs) really got hit hard.  however, the first day of rain started making it's way north to the city via the creeks and rivers.  

on Saturday evening, city officials were recommended people stay home.  the rain broke for a few hours Saturday night from about 6pm - 10pm.  it promply resumed and rained all night.

by Sunday morning, Bellvue (straight west of the city) and Old Hickory (south east of the city) had begun to flood.  the rain moved north all Sunday, and city itself took a pretty bad beating.  the previous day's rain still had not drained out.  by mid Sunday, the news was filled with boat rescues, emergency evacuations and a home floating down I-24.  every image on the news was just muddy water flowing like mad through everywhere.  by early evening the biggest concern was that the Cumberland river would peak.  this river runs directly through down town.  it generally sits at about 36', flood stage is mid 40's and it peaks around 48'.  Late Sunday night, the Cumberland peaked up to 52' pouring water into the Titans stadium, and downtown nashville.  up until that point, the flooding was mostly isolated to residential areas (which is pretty bad....).  the country music hall of fame reported 6' of water, Titans stadium report 10', the list goes on and on.  people lost homes, businesses, everything.  flood insurance is not a standard item around here, so a lot of people have truly lost everything.  i have friends that were sitting on their roof waiting for a boat to come.  i have friends that lost their studios.....the list goes on and on.

i spoke with a FEMA worker a few nights ago, he said they are seeing area worse then Katrina here.  i was really surprised by that.  i drove through downtown the tuesday after the flooding.  4th street forward was blocked off.  turning south on 4th street i saw building after building pumping water out.....

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://media.point2.com/ p2a/htmltext/610b/5824/6dbc/7938936f8e924eb894d4/original.jp g&imgrefurl=http://www.hottestsearches.net/nashville-flo od-pictures&usg=__nj0A4QXd7ig96jerD1r28mQ9ifA=&h=390 &w=534&sz=42&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs =1&tbnid=anIA5iQ1AIRPJM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=132&pr ev=/images%3Fq%3Dnashville%2Bflood%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26clie nt%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1

J-Texas

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 11:53:06 AM »

I'm telling you, as I read this my head is shaking "no". The severity of this has not been reported like this. I know this should affect everyone in the country, but this is pretty much regional news for us and there's really been nothing.

My prayers go out immediately.
Jason Thompson
www.4141studios.com

bblackwood

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 08:57:57 AM »

J-Texas wrote on Tue, 11 May 2010 10:53

I'm telling you, as I read this my head is shaking "no". The severity of this has not been reported like this. I know this should affect everyone in the country, but this is pretty much regional news for us and there's really been nothing.

While I'm not in Nashville, the lack of coverage has been pretty frustrating for those of use who have close friends there (along with the flooding in Memphis which destroyed quite a few homes). People seem to have no idea how widespread the damage is.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

grantis

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 01:19:47 PM »

I just met with a lady who's boyfriend's best friend was just found dead yesterday.  The sheer magnitude of the tragedy is immense.  One can only hope there won't be any more bodies found....but there's just no way to know.  Truly tragic.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

Podgorny

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 01:39:34 PM »

A FEMA representative that came by said this is worse than the devastation in Louisiana.

Since I did not see post-Katrina New Orleans with my own eyes, I'm not inclined to argue.
"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

grantis

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 02:35:12 PM »

Podgorny wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 12:39

A FEMA representative that came by said this is worse than the devastation in Louisiana.

Since I did not see post-Katrina New Orleans with my own eyes, I'm not inclined to argue.

i've heard a lot of that same thing....but i dunno....i did a bit of katrina clean up, and it was horrific down there.

let's just say that it all sucks.   Confused
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.