R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DDMF Metaplugin  (Read 3446 times)

aivoryuk

DDMF Metaplugin
« on: May 06, 2010, 05:18:08 PM »

Came across this today and while it probably isn't setting the world on fire, I think this will benefit my workflow in terms of setting up m/s easier with eq's or de-essers that don't have m/s capabilities so thought I would share.

http://www.ddmf.eu/   go to the products page and look at Metaplugin

cass anawaty

Re: DDMF Metaplugin
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »

aivoryuk wrote on Thu, 06 May 2010 22:18

Came across this today and while it probably isn't setting the world on fire, I think this will benefit my workflow in terms of setting up m/s easier with eq's or de-essers that don't have m/s capabilities so thought I would share.

http://www.ddmf.eu/   go to the products page and look at Metaplugin

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts after you've played with it a bit.  Interesting.
Cass Anawaty, Chief Engineer
Sunbreak Music, LLC
High Resolution Stereo Mastering
www.sunbreakmusic.com

bkuijt

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »

Really like the idea of this plug, could be powerful.

I've tried it for multiband (it has a band splitter) but it seemed the latency difference between the paths wasn't compensated when the bands are mixed together.
(this was 6 weeks ago, maybe that's changed recently).
That could also be a problem de-coding MS when the M & S path is different... did you hear anything strange?

Bastiaan Kuijt  //  BK Audio  //  www.bkaudio.nl

Darius van H

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 03:41:22 AM »

Does this work with 3rd party VST plugs or just their own ones?

aivoryuk

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:58:18 PM »

it does work with 3rd party VST's I have tried it with the TG mastering eq pack and it seemed to work well which I am happy about as I really like those eq's . I think it has been reported that waves plugins do not load for it though.

It is meant to compensate for latency. I didn't seem to have a problem with it but I haven't experimented with anythng more than m/s EQ at the moment

24-96 Mastering

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:24:26 AM »

Thanks for posting this. This could come in handy in Wavelab (no mixer) for more creative rescue operations. I tried de-essing the side signal only on a track with aggressive, far panned overheads and it seemed to work nicely.

Can anyone think of other uses for the metaplugin?
24-96 Mastering
CD - SACD - DVD

KAyo

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 08:15:27 PM »

Now, this looks like a helpful plug, for sure.
Very interesting after all. Hmmmm.

Ciao,
KAyo
http://www.Kantabiz.com
Business Video Directory

Gregg Janman

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »

Any modular VST host should be capable of doing such things. I've been doing similar tricks for production and mastering in Audiomulch for the last 11 years. Bidule would be another contender.

TotalSonic

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »

Just purchased this.  Came in handy using it's crossover section in conjunction with the broadband Transient Monster to deal with a client's request to only apply this effect to the low end to bring out the attack of the kick without adding attack to the rest of the percussives.  The crossovers sounded fairly transparent to my ear - no problem with latency whatsoever in my SAWStudio setup.

I would like to see the included crossover plugin developed a little bit so you could completely bypass the unused bands - but I can see the Metaplugin being useful in targeting any broadband plugin that does not have any internal matrixing options to either Mid & Side channels, as well as any slice of the audio spectrum as well.  Well worth the measly $15 they are asking for it imho.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 19 queries.