R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BIAS Peak Pro 6... Stupid Question  (Read 3216 times)

starscream2010

BIAS Peak Pro 6... Stupid Question
« on: June 27, 2010, 12:51:51 PM »

Hi. I'm sure that this is an EASY problem to fix but, for some reason I can't figure it out...

I'm new to BIAS Peak and a friend gave us a copy for the studio (Authorized Version, NOT cracked) we're trying to use it to sequence songs for clients after mix sessions so that they can get an idea of how their record flows together... I've figured out how to use playlists and to crossfade, edit & trim regions... I even figured out the 'pause indicators' but, on a couple of tests some of the track start times are weird and do not sound the same on CD as they do in the playlist.

I've read the manual and looked at youtube tutorials but, STILL can't figure out how to change 'track markers' within a playlist, I'm sure that this is something obvious but, I can't figure it out for the life of me. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Nick  
"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax... "

Nick Evans

www.nickolusevans.com

dave-G

Re: BIAS Peak Pro 6... Stupid Question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 03:06:28 PM »

What do you mean by "change track markers"?.. Are you looking to offset the track-starts relative to the audio?  If so, there's a little tab at the front of a region in the playlist that you can simply drag around, or enter a value in the "TS Offset" spot in the numerical display.

If I'm misunderstanding, and since it's an authorized copy, I might suggest contacting Bias .. I think you'll find them quite helpful with wrapping your head around this thing.

-dave
DAVE GREENBERG
SONOPOD MASTERING

starscream2010

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 04:37:39 PM »

I think we're saying the same thing... Maybe my verbage is incorrect. When I listen to the playlist the space/crossfades between tracks sounds correct but, after burning the playlist to a disc some track begining's seems to be off, late or just plain wrong from what I hear in the original playlist (before burning). Sorry if I'm not explaining myself correctly. I'll try Bias support tomorrow, was just hoping for a quick fix. Thanks for your help!

Nick

Nick Evans

www.nickolusevans.com

Barry Hufker

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »

You need to have three selections made for your playlist.  Two you probably have already done.
1. Red Book
2. Enforce CD Frames
3. Crossfade: Overlap/Gap

Centered crossfades will give you the problem you describe.  Be sure to check all your crossfades if you switch from Centered to Overlap.  It may be easier just to load all the regions back into the playlist after changing from Centered to Overlap.

Barry

Garrett H

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »

When it comes to burning CDs in Peak, there is never a "stupid" question.  
Treelady Studios, Pittsburgh, PA
http://www.treelady.com
Senior Contributor, Tape Op Magazine
http://www.tapeop.com

dietrich

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 06:27:01 PM »

ahh Peak and burning.

Client wanted one master with no cd text and one with. No  matter what I do the CD with cdtext always stops playing three tracks short

dave-G

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »

Wow ... Really?  I think I've only had Peak for a couple of years -- versions 6 thru 6.2 --  and I've burned a ton of CDs with no major problems.  Feature requests?  Sure, but mysterious burn problems? Not so much.

I don't do a ton with it beyond simple assembly, text and codes ..  maybe things fall apart with more elaborate stuff, but for me it's been pretty solid, and easy.

I'm still procrastinating installing Samplitude, but I guess I should think it's nice not to be able to stop long enough to put together a PC for it.
-dave
DAVE GREENBERG
SONOPOD MASTERING

JimK

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »

Dave, I agree with you with regard to burning. I did experience some pretty major problems with the various incarnations of version 5, but 6.2 hasn't given me any problems... at least not yet...
Jim Kissling

Barry Hufker

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 09:56:27 PM »

No problems here burning CDs.

Barry

starscream2010

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 12:10:43 AM »

I *think* that did the trick, thanks Barry!!! I REALLY appreciate everyone's input!

Nick Evans

www.nickolusevans.com

Barry Hufker

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 03:11:05 AM »

Good to know all is well.

Barry

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.