R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PT click...  (Read 4255 times)

j.hall

PT click...
« on: April 26, 2010, 03:24:10 PM »

is there an easy way to leave the "meter and tempo" alone and just tell PT to change where the down beat emphasis lands.  this is a huge pain when drummers want to hear something different and i have to mess with the time signature and tempo to get it right......

surely i'm missing something....

grantis

Re: PT click...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »

j.hall wrote on Mon, 26 April 2010 14:24

is there an easy way to leave the "meter and tempo" alone and just tell PT to change where the down beat emphasis lands.  this is a huge pain when drummers want to hear something different and i have to mess with the time signature and tempo to get it right......

You could print the click then build a loop of what you want to hear.  More painless than setting Bars and Beats back to where they belong when the drummer's done.

Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

NelsonL

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 03:51:40 AM »

j.hall wrote on Mon, 26 April 2010 12:24

Maybe in TL Metro? I think it's free with PT8.

I'm still on PT 7.4, but I hate the digi click and prefer to use Reason to create more musical click tracks-- with Redrum it's easy to put an accent wherever you want.

Nick Sevilla

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

I've been using their BOOM! beat box with a MIDI track to trigger it for some time now.

I like to be able to change the sound / tempo more easily than with the awful built in Click track.

Plus, anyone here can attest to the click track not being played exactly on the beat. I sure have heard it...

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com

CWHumphrey

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 12:41:51 AM »

In the case you describe, I'd probably print a bar, and then cut up the click to whatever the drummer's needs were.

Cheers,
Carter William Humphrey

"Indeed...oh three named one!" -Terry Manning
"Or you can just have Carter do the recording, because he's Humphrey."-J.J. Blair
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 17 queries.