R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Because of my taxes due...  (Read 5519 times)

thinman

Re: Because of my taxes due...
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 02:02:13 AM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Fri, 16 April 2010 17:02

I pay endless taxes on everything all year, but they demand more.

Sorry, Adam. I know all about what you're going through. It's been said before, but bears repeating:
"Government is not the solution. Government is the problem."
"Lord, I am a surgeon, And music is my knife, It cuts away my sorrow, And purifies my life"

Jay Kadis

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 12:34:18 PM »

thinman wrote on Sat, 24 April 2010 23:02

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Fri, 16 April 2010 17:02

I pay endless taxes on everything all year, but they demand more.

Sorry, Adam. I know all about what you're going through. It's been said before, but bears repeating:
"Government is not the solution. Government is the problem."
It certainly is when you elect doofuses and expect them to work miracles.  Government will be no better than those who select the participants.

The self-employment tax is onerous but it is well-known and must be factored into whether self-employment is viable.  Not what you want to foster small business.

MDM,

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 03:35:41 PM »

can you really select who goes to the white house?

I think that people would have a better lif if they voted for a third party (any third party not financed by the blue meanies) and electing local representatives who don't do football politics ..if you want to improve the rights of individuals and the private sector..

otherwise the nasties will continue to spread weedkiller all over the free world as their beanstalk grows ever higher.
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

John Ivan

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »

MDM, wrote on Sun, 25 April 2010 15:35

can you really select who goes to the white house?

I think that people would have a better lif if they voted for a third party (any third party not financed by the blue meanies) and electing local representatives who don't do football politics ..if you want to improve the rights of individuals and the private sector..

otherwise the nasties will continue to spread weedkiller all over the free world as their beanstalk grows ever higher.

I must say. After all these years you still have no idea what it is that goes on over here.. Just an observation..

Ivan.....................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 10:56:57 PM »

I don't mind paying my fair share of "income tax", but self employment/social security? That's about the same as rolling the dice at the craps table. Likely NOT going to pay off. So I and everyone else in my position, we're proper fucked by the government.
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 17 queries.