R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 6072: Raytheon or GE 5-Star?  (Read 24867 times)

J.J. Blair

Re: Raytheon Tubes/GE 5 star 6072a
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 01:07:47 PM »

Greg Youngman wrote on Sat, 10 April 2010 18:07

Don't waste your money on 6072a.  12AY7 will work just fine.  I know... low noise, blah , blah, blah.  BS.  It's your money.

I have to concur with Klaus on this one.  In a microphone, the noise floor, is so evident.  Microphonics, as well.  

(and likewise) I would never waste 6072s on a guitar amp.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Caco

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 01:29:41 PM »

JJ,

As I've bought many of those and only have use for 2 at the moment, where else can these tubes be used ? Preamps ?

Shall I save them on a tube collection vault? lol

Best,

Caco.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 03:18:38 PM »

If any of your gear calls for 6072s, then there you go.  I have some mic pres and compressors that use 6072s, as well as four mics.  That's why I have a nice stack of a couple dozen.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Caco

Re: 6072: Raytheon or GE 5-Star?
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 09:48:56 PM »

Hey guys,

I've got all the pieces together now. I think I have a hell of a great arsenal of 6072 tubes.

Picture of the front, from left to right:

1. ECC81
2. GE 6072 5 star
3. GE 6072 non-5 star (any opinions on those?)
4. Raytheon CK 6072 ( I am anxious to try this one )
5. Green label GE 6072

Caco

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 09:50:48 PM »

Picture of the back, same order:

Caco

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »

Guess which one have I chosen?

J.J. Blair

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »

Caco wrote on Mon, 26 April 2010 18:52

Guess which one have I chosen?

Oy.  I hate seeing that BMI electrolytic transformer coupling cap in there.  
studio info

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.