R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009: Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax  (Read 22053 times)

Edvaard

Re: 2009: Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 02:35:10 AM »

Ignore please, Berolz,

Just another anticipating his own failure and setting it all up to blame on others, be it the government or whomever.

Edvaard

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 03:01:46 AM »

seedyunderbelly.com

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 06:27:35 AM »

A little confused were we trying to un "tip" or "tip" the proof that life is not fair        did anyone find fair or an alternative to force?

If this is disheartening or confusing let quick and right death outrace our sun to become a red Giant and as best as you can time your mutual death to feel as one.

edit:  not that it has been initiated for use of the the integral "force" BUT I may beat it to the punch___________beating less to its only match____until all the matter collects again as magnets do not ruin tapes x forgot about but  so called " years" after that  perhaps all enemies and/z friends shall be in one place ////all collected again and tight it may be,  though we are often wrong but ~if it is a big bang it is then  - a singularity that WE will share again I have often said a short sighted slight that the magic may be in the matter(the magic is in the matter)  and let us/you do what we/u might    as clubs  and collections are often otherwise. one can give more than what one most at least  one might postulate young magnetism in its fragile might of most

Jon Hodgson

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 08:06:54 AM »

grantis wrote on Sat, 10 April 2010 05:04

My problem with all of this is....the average american work week has been hovering about 34 hours a week for the last decade or so (down as low as 31 during recession).

There's a clue for you in those numbers...

The reason the average working week drops during recession, is there is less work AVAILABLE during a recession, which indicates that the 34 hour figure is also contrained not by the willingness of the workforce, but by the availability of work.

In fact if you look at the figures of the bureau of labor statistics, you'll see that people who actually have jobs are on averahe working a pretty traditional 40ish hour week

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/atus.t04.htm

Edvaard

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 09:48:55 AM »

seedyunderbelly.com wrote on Sat, 10 April 2010 06:27

A little confused were we trying to un "tip" or "tip" the proof that life is not fair        did anyone find fair or an alternative to force?

If this is disheartening or confusing let quick and right death outrace our sun to become a red Giant and as best as you can time your mutual death to feel as one.

edit:  not that it has been initiated for use of the the integral "force" BUT I may beat it to the punch___________beating less to its only match____until all the matter collects again as magnets do not ruin tapes x forgot about but  so called " years" after that  perhaps all enemies and/z friends shall be in one place ////all collected again and tight it may be,  though we are often wrong but ~if it is a big bang it is then  - a singularity that WE will share again I have often said a short sighted slight that the magic may be in the matter(the magic is in the matter)  and let us/you do what we/u might    as clubs  and collections are often otherwise . one can give more than one most at least  said one might postulate young magnetism at its fragile might of most

I stand corrected, and again collected.

Thanks.

Edvaard

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2010, 01:01:52 PM »

grantis wrote on Sat, 10 April 2010 00:04

danickstr wrote on Fri, 09 April 2010 21:41

so if I make 10 mil a year, I am paying 2.2 mil in taxes, but I have 7.8 mil to blow on yachts, pretty girls and cocaine.  heyahooooo!  Sign me up for that guy's high tax burden.

Where'd you get those numbers?  that's not anywhere near correct.

Under new tax law (IE, the new healthcare law, etc), if you made 10mil, you'd be paying 5.9mil in tax.

Unless you came up with a bunch of write offs.

My problem with all of this is....the average american work week has been hovering about 34 hours a week for the last decade or so (down as low as 31 during recession).

If 50% of america really is "poor" by definition, it's nobody's fault but their own.  Get up off your lazy but and do something about it instead of working a pathetic 31 hours a week.  this country's sense of entitlement is sickening, and it's the lawyer who spends 90 hours a week in his office EARNING 500k a year who has to pay for all of that sheer laziness.

i'm PAYING my dues by working my ass off for poverty level pay in hopes that it will someday lead to something bigger and better, (and more lucrative).  how sad that i will be continuing to pay dues when that day comes, just in a much more pocket burning kind of way.

although it all makes sense.  why work your ass off when you've already got a free meal ticket?  i guess 50% of america is ok with mediocrity.

there, i said it, and my tongue was only halfway in my cheek.

It is instructive here that the barb is aimed not at the 403 billionaires in this country (at last count), but rather at the sector of the population that fits well into the poverty level, the former performing said 31 hours by self choice, the latter working what the bosses tell them they can work.

This is America speaking, or at least  those who wish to fit within what group that best speaks to their own discontent.

Losers' channel, please tune in ....

PS

"Got anger?"

No need to trouble yourself as to where the arrow should be pointed, just pull back, and let us do the pointing and then tell you when to release ....    

The Heritage folks and AM radio are making every effort to bring the losers of the world to the appropriate advertisers.

Gosh Bless.

Edvaard

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2010, 02:07:21 PM »

Some are better suited for burger flipping (or maybe fader pushing) and complaining.

Others are suited for something better.

Do not confuse your own complaining with some self-imagined "something better," nor your own subconscious discontent that you might have chosen the wrong path.

Berolzheimer

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2010, 02:13:55 PM »

seedyunderbelly.com wrote on Sat, 10 April 2010 03:27

edit:  not that it has been initiated for use of the the integral "force" BUT I may beat it to the punch___________beating less to its only match____until all the matter collects again as magnets do not ruin tapes x forgot about but  so called " years" after that  perhaps all enemies and/z friends shall be in one place ////all collected again and tight it may be,  though we are often wrong but ~if it is a big bang it is then  - a singularity that WE will share again I have often said a short sighted slight that the magic may be in the matter(the magic is in the matter)  and let us/you do what we/u might    as clubs  and collections are often otherwise. one can give more than what one most at least  one might postulate young magnetism in its fragile might of most

John, sometimes I really love your posts!
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

Berolzheimer

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »

Edvaard wrote on Fri, 09 April 2010 23:35

Ignore please, Berolz,

Just another anticipating his own failure and setting it all up to blame on others, be it the government or whomever.

I don't want to ignore Grant, he has at times had very insightful things to say, on other topics.
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

Edvaard

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 06:33:55 PM »

Sorry Berolz, I didn't mean ignore him entirely, just the sentiment.

I can't dismiss a person altogether just for happening upon false information, or, in this instance, false interpretation.

danickstr

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2010, 07:42:11 PM »

Grantis, the point that I did not include is if your income is from investments and dividends, like is the case with the super wealthy, that is CAPITAL GAINS.  They don't "go to a job" and make 20 million, well some CEO's do, but there aren't that many of them.  

The real wealth is generated from "capital gains" and not earned income.

Currently, capital gains tax is 15% or 20%.  Bush set it at 15%, not sure if Obama has changed it yet.

so, if you are a super wealthy person, you probably pay yourself a dollar a year, pay no tax on that, and suck up all the revenue of owning stuff, on which you pay (under Bush) a whopping 15% of it to Uncle Sam, even if you make a billion a year - still 15%.

That is, assuming you collect it in a tax free state, of which there are 4, I believe.  You just need a house in one of them (easy to do, with a billion extra dollars), and then you "say" that it is your primary residence.  

Voila, no state tax.

Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

fiasco ( P.M.DuMont )

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2010, 08:17:31 PM »

Edvaard.

You are a complete prick.

For all of your harping on about people who don't think as you do,
you really don't have anything constructive to say... you know, here in the real world.

I'm not so interested in you that I am going to argue, but I think you are too "smart" for your own good...

and for anyone around you.
Philip

Edvaard

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »

Fiasco wrote on Sat, 10 April 2010 20:17

Edvaard.

You are a complete prick.

I don't go half measures on anything.

But thanks for noticing.

grantis

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2010, 11:04:47 PM »

I understand that recessions cause lack of available work, but i sincerely doubt that everybody's really, i mean REALLY, trying to find something to do.  I live in the south....and it seems to be rampant here...hurry up and wait on the government.  The sheer volume of people just sittin around on the front porch all day is astonishing.  Go read a book, or get to a computer and apply for a job.  Seriously.

This has always been the land of opportunity, and the government feels the need to provide stability for the least of the population.  It pisses me off when people are content to live their lives flipping burgers, OK with the fact that they depend entirely on the government and their "tax credits" to survive.  These people are making money by not working, and THAT'S RIDICULOUS.

That's really what i meant by my last post.  I don't think somebody HAS to pay for these people, but apparently, the government does.

Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

grantis

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2010, 11:11:01 PM »

Edvaard wrote on Sat, 10 April 2010 13:07

Some are better suited for burger flipping (or maybe fader pushing) and complaining.

Others are suited for something better.

Do not confuse your own complaining with some self-imagined "something better," nor your own subconscious discontent that you might have chosen the wrong path.

Lets not make this personal.  You don't know me, and I don't know you.  If you'd like to know me, here's where you can start.  

#1-I don't like it when people make assumptions about me when they have no idea about who I am.

Peace.
Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.