R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonoris DDP Creator / Player updated!!  (Read 9896 times)

TotalSonic

Sonoris DDP Creator / Player updated!!
« on: April 01, 2010, 12:05:53 AM »

Just a heads up to all interested that the Sonoris DDP Creator / Player / Player OEM softwares all got updated to version 2.02 - which fixes all known bugs, and includes some cool feature enhancements.  

The big issues that were resolved is you can now burn audio in pause id areas onto CD-R master discs with it - and you can also rip CD's with all TOC in tact including audio in pause areas as well.

The main feature enhancement is an "Export to Audio Files" function so you can create separate wav, aiff or flac files for each of the tracks in its PQ list.

See below for the newsletter from Sonoris for more details.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Quote:

Welcome to the Sonoris Newsletter. In this Newsletter:

- DDP Creator and Player for Mac and Windows updated to version 2.0.2
- Security Option updated to version 1.0.3

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- DDP Creator and Player for Mac and Windows updated to version 2.0.2

This update adds some nice new features and fixes a few bugs, mainly with CD burning

Bug fixes

DDP Player 20.2

- crashing during CD burning on some Macs fixed
- import of some DDP weird data file extension fixed (like Eclipse files)
- copy / paste of text on Mac fixed
- mouse clicking behavior on tracks during playback fixed
- MD5 file reading of files with comment lines fixed
- foreign character bug fixed
- Pyramix .pmi import issue with audio in an index 0 and hidden tracks fixed
- title of tracks now spans two lines instead of one in PQ sheet export
- import of a DDP image on a DVD on Mac fixed
- minor bugs fixed

DDP Creator 2.02

- See Player
- drag/drop of Flac files fixed
- on the fly addition of indexes fixed

New features

DDP Player 2.0.2

- export tracks to wav, aif of flac files
- time display selectable between disc time or track time
- new CD/DVD burn engine
- eject button added
- burn audio in index 0
- playback slider like Quicktime, YouTube added
- (OEM) end customers don't need to enter a key anymore with an OEM Player/Security Option
- (OEM) some project warnings removed to avoid end customer confusion

DDP Creator 2.0.2

- see Player
- rip audio in index 0 possible
- rip all PQ codes, gapless CD's, ISRC and CD text possible
- auto MD5 checking application(s) added to the DDP image files
- auto entry of Title fields following the track filename
- auto entry of other CD Text fields following th project CD Text
- auto entry of CD Text following the previous track

Current owners of the DDP Creator and Player can download this update at the webshop. Owners of the OEM version will receive the update in the next few days.

Others can sign up for a new 10 days trial period at the Sonoris website.

Product pages:

http://www.sonoris.nl/catalog/standalone-c-27.html

- Security Option updated to version 1.0.3

This update adds a few new features:

- MD5 file creation now selectable as an option
- output folder selectable

The Security Option is available as an option for the DDP Player OEM.

Thank you!

Pieter Stenekes
Sonoris Audio Engineering

lowland

Re: Sonoris DDP Creator / Player updated!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 03:42:47 AM »

TotalSonic wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 05:05

- (OEM) end customers don't need to enter a key anymore with an OEM Player/Security Option

As mentioned in the other thread, things need to be as simple as possible at the customer's end to work smoothly, and these look like useful features to promote that.

Steve, your championing of these products has brought them to my attention earlier than would have otherwise have happened, dovetailing neatly with expansion in my online business. Thanks!
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
Essex, UK
www.lowlandmasters.com

TotalSonic

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 01:57:45 AM »

Just discovered a minor bug with the new release in that the "Songwriter", "Composer", "Arranger" and "Message" CD Text fields are not getting exported to cue sheets.  I need to test discs burnt directly with it to see if this is an issue in this case as well.

The standard "Title" and "Performer" CD Text fields are getting exported correctly both to cue sheet and burnt disc though.

Since I don't know of any CD Text compatible players that actually display anything but the Title and Performer fields this is most likely a moot issue - but I sent a bug report to Pieter about this anyway.

EDIT: just got an email back from Pieter - turns out the extended info is not directly supported in the cue sheet format - but seems the "Songwriter" field is supported by it and he'll look to correcting this in a future update.  

Best regards,
Steve Berson  

TotalSonic

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:36:10 AM »

lowland wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 03:42

TotalSonic wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 05:05

As mentioned in the other thread, things need to be as simple as possible at the customer's end to work smoothly, and these look like useful features to promote that.

Steve, your championing of these products has brought them to my attention earlier than would have otherwise have happened, dovetailing neatly with expansion in my online business. Thanks!

You're very welcome.  

I happen to really like the paradigm of Sonoris - in that the processors and apps are all very efficiently coded, all supported without annoying copy protection schemes, and created by a single dedicated coder who also happens to be a mastering engineer as well.  So I'd say it's a company which truly "gets it" and is very well deserving of our support.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Table Of Tone

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 06:02:42 PM »

Testing the new update right now, myself!

I love the way DDPC works with a WaveLab cue/wav.

I'm really not worried about any minor CD text related issues because I hardly ever put any metadata on a master aside from ISRC's N EAN.

Having said that, it's nice to know exactly what's working and what's not working, so cheers for the info!

Ed Littman

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »

I just tested it for a bit last night. I like the simplicity of use.looks like I'll just buy it.
I had a very quick look at the OEM manual but did not see how to allow clients to use the player.
How is this done?
Ed

TotalSonic

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:02:50 PM »

Ed Littman wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 19:49

I just tested it for a bit last night. I like the simplicity of use.looks like I'll just buy it.
I had a very quick look at the OEM manual but did not see how to allow clients to use the player.
How is this done?
Ed

Basically you get both Mac & PC versions that are branded with your logo, direct link to your own website, and contact info as well - and you can distribute these freely to any of your clients you wish.  Then you can just upload them either a DDP image or a Cue Sheet (i.e. cue + wav/aiff/flac) and they can load this into the DDP Player OEM.  

From there they can listen to the entire album, the starts and transitions of each track, check the CD Text, ISRC and MCN you've entered (without being able to edit any of these so it's made idiot proof), burn a CD-R reference disc at their own location, and with this latest version save each of the tracks (with or without pause areas included) as separate wav, aiff or flac files.  

I have a page on this up at http://www.totalsonic.net/remote.htm that goes into all this in a little more detail.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Ed Littman

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »

TotalSonic wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 20:02

How is this done?
Ed

Basically you get both Mac & PC versions that are branded with your logo, direct link to your own website, and contact info as well - and you can distribute these freely to any of your clients you wish.  Then you can just upload them either a DDP image or a Cue Sheet (i.e. cue + wav/aiff/flac) and they can load this into the DDP Player OEM.  

From there they can listen to the entire album, the starts and transitions of each track, check the CD Text, ISRC and MCN you've entered (without being able to edit any of these so it's made idiot proof), burn a CD-R reference disc at their own location, and with this latest version save each of the tracks (with or without pause areas included) as separate wav, aiff or flac files.  

I have a page on this up at http://www.totalsonic.net/remote.htm that goes into all this in a little more detail.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Very helpful Steve.
What is the key code that you send to the client? Is it yours, the one that Sonoris sent you to activate your player?
Ed

TotalSonic

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 10:00:32 PM »

Ed Littman wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 20:47

TotalSonic wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 20:02

How is this done?
Ed

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Very helpful Steve.
What is the key code that you send to the client? Is it yours, the one that Sonoris sent you to activate your player?
Ed

There's a single key code given to you by Sonoris.  The way I work it is there's links to the downloads for the installers directly on my website - and I just send an email containing the key code and basic instructions on how to use the DDP Player when I send the links to their reference files.  

Alternately you can purchase for a little additional cost the "Security Option" which doesn't require your clients to enter a keycode - but restricts them to only being able to open the encrypted DDP images you send them yourself.

I had an order for a client from Australia recently and the cost of sending reference discs was way too much to make it feasible - but sending the recording engineer the DDP Player OEM made it real easy for them to get a reference disc made for the artist.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Ed Littman

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 11:05:43 PM »

Quote:

=TotalSonic wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 22:00

I had an order for a client from Australia recently and the cost of sending reference discs was way too much to make it feasible - but sending the recording engineer the DDP Player OEM made it real easy for them to get a reference disc made for the artist.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Good info as usual. I usually upload a wave file of the whole cd along with a cue sheet for a ref to my server. This works fine but this new method is more streamlined & consistent for all who need to approve. It looks good.
Ed

hnewman

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »

In the process of demoing the Sonoris player, and encountering hiccups when playing back directly from the software.  No other load on the DAW, and the DDPi does not seem problematic (it's fine when I re-import it into Sequoia.)    Has anyone else encountered this?

And more generally, for those of you using this already or considering Tonic, have your clients been receptive to using it?  Have you had problems with technically disinclined folks?

compasspnt

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 07:28:28 PM »

I have sent out many Sonoris DDPs, along with player and instructions (just like Steve said above).

So far, everyone has played it back fine, except one guy playing on a PC had it stall where there was 00:00 between any tracks, but it burned fine, and played fine on his Mac.

TotalSonic

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 07:30:02 PM »

hnewman wrote on Fri, 10 December 2010 18:18

In the process of demoing the Sonoris player, and encountering hiccups when playing back directly from the software.  No other load on the DAW, and the DDPi does not seem problematic (it's fine when I re-import it into Sequoia.)    Has anyone else encountered this?

I've seen this on some systems.  
Go to
Tools -> Settings -> Audio Settings

You may need to change from "Direct Sound" to "ASIO" and/or change buffer size or output device.  

Admittedly this is the type of thing that would be much better to be a no-brainer - but sadly in the world of computer audio this still isn't a complete given.

Quote:

And more generally, for those of you using this already or considering Tonic, have your clients been receptive to using it?

It's 50/50.  Some have completely ignored it - others have been grateful for it.

Quote:

Have you had problems with technically disinclined folks?

Yes - but these types of folks will have problems with most other solutions as well.  

Best regards,
Steve Berson

urm eric

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 11:29:21 AM »

I happen to really like the paradigm of Sonoris - in that the processors and apps are all very efficiently coded, all supported without annoying copy protection schemes, and created by a single dedicated coder who also happens to be a mastering engineer as well.  So I'd say it's a company which truly "gets it" and is very well deserving of our support.
Best regards,
Steve Berson

+1 on all that. Reviews of the two new Sonoris EQs (Mastering and Parallel) and the new OEM DDP are coming up in Sound on Sound.

Cheers,

Eric
Philosophers Barn Mastering
www.phibarnmastering.co.uk

PieterS

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 04:19:13 PM »

hnewman wrote on Sat, 11 December 2010 00:18

In the process of demoing the Sonoris player, and encountering hiccups when playing back directly from the software.

Like Steve said, sometimes you'll have to choose a different sound driver and/or buffer settings. Directsound in particular can be a real pain.

Coming up soon is Enhanced CD support for the DDP Player and Creator. Loadback and CD burning of Enhanced CD images will be supported in both the Player and Creator. The DDP Creator will be able to rip an existing Enhanced CD and you can easily add any data folder to an existing audio DDP image, export it and send the resulting DDP image to a duplicator.

Pieter Stenekes
Sonoris Audio Engineering
www.sonorissoftware.com
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.