R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surprisingly quiet  (Read 7197 times)

grantis

Re: Surprisingly quiet
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2010, 11:19:51 PM »

Bill_Urick wrote on Wed, 31 March 2010 20:08

grantis wrote on Wed, 31 March 2010 10:37

I'm a bit surprised to not see much of any chatter about the healthcare bill....

Is it safe to assume that everyone's in support?

***ducks***

If I were the moderator I would ban you for this.

Don't you realize how hard everyone's been trying NOT to bring this up?

You have unleashed the fury of Hell.

OK, everyone, fall into your regular lines...

Left, right and "moderate".

Smile

My apologies for starting a discussion.

On a discussion board.

Grant Craig
Nuovo Music (Me)
Skiddco Music (Where I work)
Work History (Well, some of it anyway)

Bill_Urick

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2010, 07:16:38 AM »

Grant, this was totally tongue in cheek.
I had been wondering the same thing.
There was just no way I was bringing it up,
cause I knew the fur was gonna fly.
And I wasn't the only one.

Edit:

I think everyone's been trying to be non-confrontational since the last Global Warming thread and Larry's admonishment about the danger of political disagreements affecting personal and professional relationships.

On the other hand, if we can't learn to discuss differences of opinion without personal rancor here, what hope is there for the rest of the country?
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

MDM,

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2010, 09:27:39 AM »

it's a difficult situation, and I believe that it will work only if the health care SYSTEM is run efficiently an correctly.. because once it's nationalized there is the risk of overspending and corruption.
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

Barry Hufker

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »

I agree with Bill.  We're all adults here.  We can express ourselves, maybe not to the point of changing minds and hearts but at least to the point of having a civil conversation.

And I'm sure most people feel as I do, what is said in the saloon is about the subjects in the saloon.  I can't think of anyone I disagree with on any subject that I wouldn't help in a heartbeat when it comes to audio.

Barry

jimmyjazz

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2010, 05:49:19 PM »

bblackwood wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 14:34

rollmottle wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 14:30

bblackwood wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 10:50

Try as you might, you will not find any legislation ever passed where the government required each and every person to spend money on something.

Taxes.

Nope, federal taxes are based on wages, and 40% of households in the US pay NO income tax.

Even local and state taxes are based off of wages and consumption/use.

I would venture a guess that you cannot find one individual in the entire United States who has not "paid taxes" as a result of the consumption/use of products (save prisoners).  The closest you'll get is probably in states where vital food items are exempt from tax, but I simply cannot believe that there is anyone who COMPLETELY avoids sales taxes.  They are consuming and using goods in order to live.  They pay taxes.

fiasco ( P.M.DuMont )

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

Oh, wait a minute... we are required to pay taxes upon taxes upon taxes upon taxes?

Where does it end?
Philip

Barry Hufker

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2010, 08:28:43 PM »

With  death.

fiasco ( P.M.DuMont )

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2010, 07:13:16 AM »

Indeed.
Philip

Bill_Urick

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 07:34:36 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 03 April 2010 20:28

With  death.

And even that is taxed.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123846422014872229.html

...and my advice for those who die,
declare the pennies on your eyes...

George Harrison, Taxman, Revolver
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

John Ivan

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »

Fiasco wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 09:25

And not to mention the fact that none of them really even know what is in this thing they passed.

"We have to pass it to find out what it is".

More irresponsibility.

I know that in many cases these folks pass things they don't read. But this turns out to not be the case this time around.. Both parties have scrubbed this thing like mad... The democratic party has read this bill now. So has the republican party..Almost every office on the hill has... We DO have to pass it to find out how to make it work in the real world.. This is really and truly a centrist bill all the way. The basic concepts in this bill are BAD private sector republican ideas that I didn't like years ago.. But it's better than nothing.. It is..

Republicans really do not want anything to change.. They have offered very little in the way of true reform..

If one reads the bill, they can see that the individual mandate has very little teeth... This is not a big intrusion into the lives of Americans. It's not nearly big enough for my tastes. Not at all. There is NO excuse for not covering every American. It's a give away to private insurance companies {an industry that should simply go away}and the dem's wasted months toying with the idea that a republican would come on board, even though we begged them to ignore them all together on this one because they have bad intent..

Now, the republican party MUST get on board at least to some extent on the economy.. But just watch. Wall Street is going to get a blow job here.. It should hurt them bad.. Really bad, but it wont.

I follow what's going on in Washington for kicks these days.. I have no faith at all in them though.. I probably wont ever vote again.. I Certainly wont ever "help" another American poli' get elected. This is all just a joke..

My pass port is burning a hole in my pocket big time. This place is getting ugly.. Time to split for a while.. I mean, hey.. With the death panels coming, and my god, MY GOD man, the loss of liberty the likes of which we've never seen, and then of course there's this : "HE AINT NOT OVER AT THE GET DEM SOSHULIUSTICAL COMMIE PANEL CARE AT" ,, ya know, all that..  I've really had quite enough.. It's time to go..

Health Reform? My Ass. No dental? Still Millions not covered? The Health insurance companies get to live? Bad news for 'imerca'. Bad news..

Ivan.....................

"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

rollmottle

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2010, 10:03:06 AM »

For those who doubt this legislation, whether you agree with all the finer points or not, here's what's happening to real people today.

This is my friend, former bandmate, and fellow musician.

Please read:
http://letdownbyhealthinsurance.blogspot.com/
SENTRALL Sound East
My SoundCloud | Twitter | www.sentrall.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.