R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Derressor  (Read 12119 times)

bushwick

Derressor
« on: March 09, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »

So I am mixing an out of the box dealio and there is lots of close vocal miking of Ld Vox. I'd been using the digi de-essor and some ducking, but with bleed of other instruments into the vocal mic, ducking is not always an option. I wondered if the derressor would be any better than the plug-in. I'll say that I've been happy in the past with the digi job and figured one day it'd be worth checkin this thing out. Well, I am quite happy I did. It sounds great. Its not a night and day difference but it does sound better. Pretty straightforward to use, it works very nicely as a high frequency compressor and a de-essor. I've had it out of the packaging for about an hour and I pulled the digi off the track and I'm happily using it instead. A good purchase. Curious what this will do for bright OHd's. Might need to get another one. . .

Joshua Kessler
bushwick  studio
brooklyn, ny
www.bushwickstudio.com

Fletcher

Re: Derressor
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 01:28:32 PM »

YES -- It will be miles better than any plug in - ever!!

The Derr-esser is the absolute, bar none, best de-esser I have ever used... even better than the DBX-902 [which is pretty damn good] and up there with the De-essing section of the Pendulum Audio "Quartet".

There are a bunch of other uses for it besides de-essing... but as just a de-esser, it is fantastic!!

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

meverylame

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 01:55:22 AM »

Is the derressor the same as the de-esser in the lil' freq?
Cheers!
Jason Kingsland

http://www.jasonruinsrecords.com

Miguel M.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »

Paul Frindle's DSM is by far the best de-esser (among other stuff) there is.

Go get the demo and hear yourself at www.proaudiodsp.com

And yes, it's a plug-in.

Dayo

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 10:54:09 AM »

Hi there

The Derresser is the finest, most friendly de-esser I've used in 30 odd years of recording.  SPL do make a good one which I also use, but the EL unit is in a different class. Seems to impart a little vintage mojo too - very subtle - but something pleasant happens.  A good enough reason to get into the 500 series if you ask me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.