R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you process to tape or not....  (Read 19153 times)

h2o2

Re: Do you process to tape or not....
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2010, 06:20:17 PM »

Gabriel F wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 17:14

No, but you cant do it if you dont use samples. Unless you gate every drum hit and them pitch shift, and creating a phase mess. Not to mention the ugly artifacts of pitch shifting and streching algorithms. And its not a common practice among good enginners. They usually get good sounds at tracking so they dont need to do complicated and unnecesary processing wich creates weird artifacts at mix time.

one thing i like is to record all the songs at 120 bmp, and then choose the righ tempo streching the audio at mix time. Its way too complicated to decide wich tempo the song workd best at tracking time. Razz.

Yes we can!Smile)))
gating/expanding bottom snare is usually a good idea by the way.
UPD: and you was not careful again i prescribed certain type of algorithm for that.

Gabriel F

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2010, 06:42:22 PM »

No mmater what algoritm you use you will  get phase problems if you strech drums tracks with bleed.

Fuck it i am out you are either an idiot or having fun with us.

iCombs

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2010, 06:42:40 PM »

http://homepage.mac.com/aurich/ars/locks/feed_trolls.gif

Not sayin'...just sayin'.

There's a lotta strife on the interweb forums as of late...all the big ones have some sorta BS going on...

*shakes head*

Kids these days...
Ian Combs
Producer/Engineer
Lightspeed Group, Inc.
----------------------
"Mista apareeatah... can I have maar beass at all frequencies?"

DarinK

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »

h2o2 wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 13:27

You are trying (just like many others here) to throw everything in the same basket, which creates a mess...
So please be careful and separate the questions of art from purely practical questions (like taping with effects)...

Taping with effects IS a question of art, not a "purely practical question."

h2o2

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »

Gabriel F wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 17:42

No mmater what algoritm you use you will  get phase problems if you strech drums tracks with bleed.

the fact that you could just make an insult at the end point out that you are certainly someone not very clever, you may consider removing yourself from the internet alltogether.

Gabriel F

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »

Maybe i should give up on this thing called the internet, but you should give audio production, you dont understand basic concepts.

Fuck you, you get mad because i said a bad word. But you are insulting us, disrespecting us. You even are insulting your country or the whole eastern culture by making stupid stereotipycal comments. So fuck you once again.

DarinK

« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2010, 06:56:42 PM »

h2o2 wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 15:51

the fact that you could just make an insult at the end point out that you are certainly someone not very clever, you may consider removing yourself from the internet alltogether.

The fact that you could just make an insult at the end points out that you are certainly someone not very clever.  You may consider removing yourself from the internet altogether, too.
Smile

Okay, I'm done too.  That "ignore" button is a very handy feature.

h2o2

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2010, 06:59:10 PM »

DarinK wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 17:46

h2o2 wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 13:27

You are trying (just like many others here) to throw everything in the same basket, which creates a mess...
So please be careful and separate the questions of art from purely practical questions (like taping with effects)...

Taping with effects IS a question of art, not a "purely practical question."

Very very remotely...

h2o2

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2010, 07:07:35 PM »

Gabriel F wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 17:56

Maybe i should give up on this thing called the internet, but you should give audio production, you dont understand basic concepts.

Fuck you, you get mad because i said a bad word. But you are insulting us, disrespecting us. You even are insulting your country or the whole eastern culture by making stupid stereotipycal comments. So fuck you once again.

Yes, respect is something which is not granted out of the box.
Someone should earn the respect and a the end of the day it's a personal choise to respect or not to respect. In the internet nobody owes anything to anyone.

But insults is just an indication of cultural level to me.
And being realistic is not an insult, you should be thankful in fact for me bringing you to the reality...

Gabriel F

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2010, 07:13:01 PM »

Hahaha. Keep talking like somekind of Buddha.

Wich reality did you bring me to?

You just insulted your country (by the way you can see wich country i am from, And you can see my name too) But you keep talking shit hidding your glorious, pacifist, highly inteleectual country you are proud of and your name too).
And you are so smart that insulted the whole eastern culture making stupid steretypical comments. That shows cultural level for me.

h2o2

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »

Gabriel F wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 18:13

You just insulted your country (by the way you can see wich country i am from, And you can see my name too) But you keep talking shit hidding your glorious, pacifist, highly inteleectual country you are proud of and your name too).

Just let me tell you something, the last thing for you.
Sane ppl are not proud of their culture or their country name.
Sane ppl are proud of their achievements and their intellectual assets. There is no need to specify a country there are you from before you start to talk with someone or to list your friends or everyone you know in the beginning of the post it just is irrelevant and in eastern Europe is usually viewed as a sign of bad form.

rsquared

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2010, 08:27:14 PM »

perhaps then, you should limit your posting to eastern european forums.

Everybody wins!
R2

Podgorny

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2010, 08:39:14 PM »

J,

Would you mind consolidating all of hydrogen peroxide's posts into one thread and making it a sticky?  It would brighten my day... Every day.

"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

Greg Dixon

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2010, 09:11:32 PM »

h2o2 wrote on Thu, 11 March 2010 10:51

Wow, you think that's bad and yet you openly and very deliberately insulted the moderator of this forum.

I hope misunderstanding due to the language barrier or difference in culture is to be blamed for a lot of your comments. Otherwise.......

j.hall

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »

Podgorny wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 19:39

J,

Would you mind consolidating all of hydrogen peroxide's posts into one thread and making it a sticky?  It would brighten my day... Every day.

i just can't take my eyes off this...............

greg, don't worry about it man.  tomorrow is submission day.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.