R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wide Frequencies  (Read 1419 times)

chrisdoremus

Wide Frequencies
« on: February 28, 2010, 04:59:33 PM »

Is the widening people are doing giving you guys problems. I find it rather difficult to narrow certain frequencies only. I use a negative value on my k-stereo unit and try to zero in with the k-peaking. Maybe I'm crazy....

Andy Krehm

Re: Wide Frequencies
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »

chrisdoremus wrote on Sun, 28 February 2010 16:59

Is the widening people are doing giving you guys problems. I find it rather difficult to narrow certain frequencies only. I use a negative value on my k-stereo unit and try to zero in with the k-peaking. Maybe I'm crazy....

It only drives me crazy when a mix engineer widens on the bus with a "stereoizer" that is putting things out of phase or an exciter that is crisping up the esses or other high frequencies too much.

I have a  K-Stereo unit but don't think it would be very effective for narrowing specific bands although I must admit, I've never tried using it that way! Much more effective is a MS device like my TC 6000 which allows me to set up to 5 frequency bands which can be widened or narrowed selectively. On these web boards I have read that people are using plug-ins for this purpose so you might want to do some searches.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.