R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I got this in my email this morning. Has anyone heard of them?  (Read 6579 times)

Jerry Tubb

Re: I got this in my email this morning. Has anyone heard of them?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 07:00:39 PM »

johnR wrote on Wed, 24 February 2010 14:00

I can't wait until they develop this technology further so it can also replace songwriters and musicians. Then the music will be perfect!

Back in the dark ages when I was doing studio work as a guitarist, I accidentally hit an "off" note during a solo.

I asked to go back and fix it, the wise producer (Lloyd Maines) said "No, that was the best part, gives it character."

An important lesson, homogenized perfection is highly overrated.

JT
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

Bill_Urick

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »

Thomas W. Bethel wrote on Wed, 24 February 2010 11:32

...perfected through the combined input of a team of performing and recording musicians, producers, recording engineers, a physicist, a psychologist, and computer programmers

They left out "pharmacist".
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Masterer

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »

It must be credits for mixing [yeah, right] 'cause they didn't master ANY of those records [or any of those records in their "clients" list].

I wonder which Beastie Boys record they worked on. Any of the ones I didn't do were done by people I know.
Chris Athens

I believe your record has reached it's "loudness potential"

MASSIVE Mastering

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »

I knew a guy (I've probably vented about him here a few years ago, when he was using my gear list and DM's photographs to drum up business) who used to "hijack" files online - Unsigned bands, signed bands, only a few that were reasonably well known, --- Anyway, he'd DL audio files from websites and hack them to pieces - I mean, "master" them - then post them on his "samples" page and add them to his client list.  
John Scrip
Massive Mastering - Chicago (Schaumburg / Hoffman Est.), IL - USA

cass anawaty

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 09:44:57 PM »

MASSIVE Mastering wrote on Sun, 28 February 2010 01:25

I knew a guy (I've probably vented about him here a few years ago, when he was using my gear list and DM's photographs to drum up business) who used to "hijack" files online - Unsigned bands, signed bands, only a few that were reasonably well known, --- Anyway, he'd DL audio files from websites and hack them to pieces - I mean, "master" them - then post them on his "samples" page and add them to his client list.  

I do that with the samples on Amazon all the time.   Smile
Cass Anawaty, Chief Engineer
Sunbreak Music, LLC
High Resolution Stereo Mastering
www.sunbreakmusic.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.