R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Power --> Mixer Cable?  (Read 3219 times)

L Ron

Custom Power --> Mixer Cable?
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »

Just picked up a yamaha rm1608 console and power supply but the cable from the power to the console is missing. Yamaha US doesn't have any and would have to order from Japan for $160 bucks and 4-6 week delivery time. That's about the same price I payed for the console so I'm not really stoked on that.

Anyone know of a shop or tech in LA that could build the cable?
Thanks

Galil

Re: Custom Power --> Mixer Cable?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:16:27 PM »

Most good techs could take care of this for you.  If you do the tech legwork, it will save you bench fees, since most charge by the hour.

You need the schematic and wiring diagram for the cable which goes between the power supply and the console.  Then a decision needs to be made.  Do you need to unplug the power supply from the board?

It is usually cheaper to hardwire the components together and often the connectors which were used 20+ years ago may not be in common use today.

Both David Kulka (an independent studio tech in LA) and Jim Williams (well known for his modifications to existing audio equipment) are active in this forum, capable of doing a job like this, and are based in Southern California.

I can't speak for what the charge for this job would be by any tech.  I don't know if you would save money over ordering the cable from Yamaha.  Good luck!

Galil

L Ron

Re: Custom Power --> Mixer Cable?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:35:40 PM »

Cool. Thanks Galil
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.