R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M-Audio ProFire 2626  (Read 3975 times)

NisimPerc

M-Audio ProFire 2626
« on: January 05, 2010, 01:22:14 PM »

The M-Audio ProFire 2626 ... any comments? I'm considering this unit. I want a good Interface with lots of pre-amps, firewire, and ProTools compatibility in case down the road I decide I want PT. Is this the Interface for me?

JonesH

Re: M-Audio ProFire 2626
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:14:59 AM »

I've owned it for some time (acquired it when the first deliveries came to EU) and used it for mostly remote recordings, and I think it's especially good on paper. What I mean is that it's a bargain of features for that price point, and I'm sure the pre's could be useful for tracking loud sources. For my needs, which mostly include classical, they weren't so great.
The major issue I've had has been externa sync problems, though. I've done alot of recordings using the ADAT in ports and most of the time I've had some troubles. has tried to help me but we haven't reached a conclusion. I've since bought a Metric Halo interface so I'm a little less concered but I'm keeping the 2626 to do multichannel recordings into pro tools. It's really useful.

Arf! Mastering

Re: M-Audio ProFire 2626
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 11:46:23 PM »

I have a 2626 that I use mainly for light-pipe digital I/O between an 02R96 and my Lynx AES16 DAW.   My advice - always sync the 2626 to word clock, otherwise it has a tendency to crash.  Slaved to WC it has been very solid.
“A working class hero is something to be,
Keep you doped with religion and sex and T.V.”
John Lennon

"Large signals can actually be counterproductive.  If I scream at you over the phone, you don’t hear me better. If I shine a bright light in your eyes, you don’t see better.”
Dr. C.T. Rubin, biomechanical engineer
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.