R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010!!! Are you ready!?!  (Read 2154 times)

breathe

2010!!! Are you ready!?!
« on: December 30, 2009, 01:21:37 PM »

I'm so excited about the future!  Let's hope that Baudrillard's 'Ecstasy of Communication' doesn't completely overtake the 'Theater of Alienation'.  With no internal conflict, there is no tension, no ache in your arm as you reach for the light.

Nicholas

Jim Williams

Re: 2010!!! Are you ready!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:05:50 PM »

For what? It's just a number ya know...
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

compasspnt

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »

index.php/fa/13987/0/

Fletcher

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:05:22 PM »

Thanx Terry... just played that number in the lottery.  If it doesn't come up, you owe me $2- [and if it does come up I'll split the post tax winnings with you].

There was a time when one could look forward to the decades changing... but since the "ots" were so similar [musically] to the 90's, while I welcome a change I just don't see anything palpable happening.

The 50's were radically different from the 40's, the 60's radically different from the 50's... the 70's were an extension of the 60's that led to the corporate bullshit of the late 70's which led to the corporate bullshit of the 80's while harboring the "rebellions" [both punk & rap] of the 80's which led directly to the corporate / mainstream watering down of both genres in the 90's [with some ersatz cuntry thrown in for good measure] that led directly to the "grid perfect" / "auto-tuned" version of the 90's in the last decade.

While there has always been a wonderful "underground" / "indie" presence that has personified the great music of previous decades in each and every decade that has followed... I dare say I've seen nothing to indicate that anything will change much from the "grid perfect" / "auto-tuned" crap that has proliferated the airwaves for the last half dozen years.

I sincerely hope I'm dead wrong!!!

Peace and merry New Year.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

rankus

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 08:49:40 PM »

I hope your wrong too Fletcher.  But I doubt that you are. (Great post btw)

I'm working with a young artist right now that openly says to me: "I'm really trying to sing with that Auto Tune sound on my voice so when you add it later it'll sound even more like that"

The sound of things to come:  More of the same, but even more so.

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

compasspnt

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »

Fletcher wrote on Thu, 31 December 2009 19:05

Thanx Terry... just played that number in the lottery.  If it doesn't come up, you owe me $2- [and if it does come up I'll split the post tax winnings with you].

Quoted for the record.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.