R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark Pine Studio Build  (Read 13499 times)

J.F.Oros

Re: Dark Pine Studio Build
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 08:20:33 AM »

Nice work !!! Thank you for sharing this.

Just curious, was this designed by Rod Gervais ? (the finishes looks like on some of the studios he designed)
[ Flaviu Oros - acoustics engineer ]
[ JF Studio Design - Romania ]

xAm

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »

J.F.Oros wrote on Fri, 13 November 2009 08:20

Nice work !!! Thank you for sharing this.

Just curious, was this designed by Rod Gervais ? (the finishes looks like on some of the studios he designed)

Good question....

I originally came up with the design for the studio based upon threads at Studio Tips (Paul Woodlock's bombshelter), Knightfly and Rod's advice at RO and various designs and threads at Sayer's.

I started looking around and contacting various studio designer's and engineering firms to find someone who would go through my prints and review/correct issues.

Rod was willing to take on the task... and what a task it was!

So, the base design is mine.... with ALL KINDS of fixes and correction that poor Rod had to do to make it a workable set of prints.  Shocked

But yup... you're right... a Rod Gervais room!
WOW!

J.F.Oros

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 02:23:22 PM »

Thank you. I noticed that Rod has a "taste" for lots of wood in his rooms, that's what made me think of him.
It's a good thing that you got the (professional) help that you needed and you managed to get the results you were searching for.

xAm

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 11:03:14 PM »

J.F.Oros wrote on Sun, 15 November 2009 14:23

Thank you. I noticed that Rod has a "taste" for lots of wood in his rooms, that's what made me think of him.
It's a good thing that you got the (professional) help that you needed and you managed to get the results you were searching for.

Rod and I both evidently have a "taste" for wood!  Laughing

I can honestly say that it wasn't a "good thing"... it was a VERY fortunate "thing" that I had Rod's help and assistance.

As far as my hopes and expectations... at this point, my insanity has been confirmed and my life's dream is just about met!!

I can't wait to start getting the numbers on the room.

It's beyond what my wildest dreams could have been. Every day that I take a few minutes and sit in the sweet spot and listen... I find myself just giggling like a kid.

Even listening to the 3 or 4 radio stations that I can pick up with the little boombox I have... I hear things in mixes I've never heard before... or they're so crisp and clear, that familiar songs almost sound "new" again.
WOW!

J.F.Oros

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 07:05:10 AM »

xAm wrote on Mon, 16 November 2009 06:03

It's beyond what my wildest dreams could have been. Every day that I take a few minutes and sit in the sweet spot and listen... I find myself just giggling like a kid.

Even listening to the 3 or 4 radio stations that I can pick up with the little boombox I have... I hear things in mixes I've never heard before... or they're so crisp and clear, that familiar songs almost sound "new" again.

Well, then maybe it's time now to change your sig from "huh?" to "wow!"   Very Happy

xAm

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »

J.F.Oros wrote on Mon, 16 November 2009 07:05

Well, then maybe it's time now to change your sig from "huh?" to "wow!"   Very Happy

Good suggestion...

DONE!
WOW!

J.F.Oros

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 10:41:04 AM »

Max, i think you better change your sig back ... It looks like nobody is coming here since you changed it and now I feel bad about my idea ! Very Happy  Very Happy

Thomas Jouanjean

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 11:42:43 AM »

J.F.Oros wrote on Thu, 10 December 2009 09:41

Max, i think you better change your sig back ... It looks like nobody is coming here since you changed it and now I feel bad about my idea ! Very Happy  Very Happy

Yes, how unprofessional of you  Twisted Evil

Any news on the project?
Thomas Jouanjean
Northward Acoustics - Engineering and Designs
http://www.northwardacoustics.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Northward-Acoustics/1062876633 71

Pro Audio Partners:
ATC Loudspeakers
FOCAL Professional Speakers

J.F.Oros

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 07:46:03 PM »

Thomas Jouanjean wrote on Thu, 10 December 2009 18:42

Yes, how unprofessional of you  Twisted Evil
Hehe, I'm something like a webparty breaker  Laughing

Quote:

Any news on the project?
From what he recently posted on Studiotips, I think Max is waiting for some inspections to be passed on his studio.

xAm

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 05:03:03 PM »

OOOF...

Yep, I'm in the short rows, for sure! (and I got here mighty quick!)

Since I last posted, I've passed my Final Electrical, HVAC, and Propane Mechanical inspections. I applied for temporary electrical service for 60 days, and that's gone through.

So, I was almost immedeately ready for my "Final" Inspection.

I pulled an all-nighter Wed/Thur to get ready for my Final Inspection.

I was seriously sweating things like the door handles, thresholds, ADA compliance on the drunk-rails in the bathroom, handicapped parking signage, HVAC vent trim and Emergency Exit lighting.

All of which passed and am now awaiting a quick phone call to the Fire Marshal's office to discuss how many, of what sized fire extinguisher's I need, and their placement.

Once the fire extinguisher's are in place, the evacuation plan(s) framed and hung, and whatever else they say I need, I'll call for their inspection. Once I have the TRUE final inspection, I'll be issued my Certificate of Occupancy.

Then it's wiring the low voltage stuff up and building the console desk and the producer's desk.
WOW!

xAm

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 08:22:04 AM »

I've passed my fire marshal's inspection, and thus, have my certificate of occupancy! WOOOO HOOOO!

Now, it's a huge race against the 1/1/10 deadline to at least get one client in for something. (I've got several things lined up.)

I've been hammering on getting the console and producer desks done. I got em' built, sanded and stained, and I'll start polyurethane today.

I've got quite a bit of clean up to start on... sawdust is amazingly irritating to get cleaned up... but we'll get there.

If I can get the sawdust up in the control room, I should be able to at least get the gear in and do a mix by the deadline for tax purposes.

The majority of what's left is really just trim work, and I should be able to get most of that done over the next couple of days.

Here's a few of the latest pix...

http://www.dmmobile.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/img_0420.JPG

http://www.dmmobile.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/img_0418.JPG

I'll get some more pix up as soon as there's anything worth lookin' at.
WOW!

maikol

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 10:16:57 AM »

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

Hurry up!!!  Surprised  Very Happy  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.