R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Plant Error? - Eclipse System shows "Parental Advisory"  (Read 4441 times)

bblackwood

Re: Plant Error? - Eclipse System shows "Parental Advisory"
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 06:56:19 PM »

24-96 Mastering wrote on Wed, 09 December 2009 12:44

Interpreting a "CD-text Bad language Code (0)" as "Parental Advisory: Explicit Content warning" is HILARIOUS!!

Indeed, I truly laughed aloud!
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

crna59

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 06:56:42 PM »

I've come across this issue earlier this year and after a lot of back and forth between Cube-Tech, Eclipse and the plant, the following emerged:

Eclipse is flagging CD-text language 0 (language undefined) as an error since version 5.2 (IIRC). Before it didn't.
Most mastering / burning / authoring software didn't set CD-text language code and left it at a default 0. Since Eclipse started flagging that as an error though, most software makers have updated their software to . Best get in touch with the maker of your DAW / authoring software and ask if they have an update that fixes this.

If there's no update fixing this, just tell the plant to go ahead and replicate the disc anyway. A LOT of (likely most) discs prior to mid 2009 with CD-text have the language code bit not set, so there aren't really any playability issues to be expected.
Alternatively, they may be able to fix the "error" at the plant using Eclipse's CD-text editor, they did that for me at one plant. But don't worry if they don't, it's really a non-issue.

I came across this same exact thing earlier this year as well (Synchronicity). Every file I sent had a "language error". The folks at Pyramix/Gear couldn't find anything wrong on our end.

I guess the plant updated their software and everything was back to normal.

Regards,
Puget Sound Studios
Bruce A. Brown
Mastering & Post Production
Seattle, WA

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission! Buy! Buy buy....  

biigniick

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 09:05:48 AM »

Most mastering / burning / authoring software didn't set CD-text language code and left it at a default 0. Since Eclipse started flagging that as an error though, most software makers have updated their software accordingly. Best get in touch with the maker of your DAW / authoring software and ask if they have an update that fixes this.

thanks, will do!

A LOT of (likely most) discs prior to mid 2009 with CD-text have the language code bit not set, so there aren't really any playability issues to be expected.

the eclipse report the lady from the plant gave me said that this issue was 'known to cause playability issues' and that's why it was flagged as an error and not something else (i guess maybe warning).  i haven't had any playability issues with any disc i've gotten back from a plant using my DAW

PS: Interpreting a "CD-text Bad language Code (0)" as "Parental Advisory: Explicit Content warning" is HILARIOUS!!

after a sigh of relief, i got a good laugh too.  Laughing

thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.  you guys are what makes this board rock!

thanks again,
- nick landis
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.