R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BFD2 in Pro-Tools  (Read 13845 times)

BooM.2728

BFD2 in Pro-Tools
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:18:56 PM »

So i'm tired of running BFD2 in stand alone mode and exporting my drum beats to WAV files, then import them in to region lists.

For the record, I play drums as well, and i'd love to record myself just playing the beats, but I only have one condenser mic & a horrible room- that won't cut it.

I've tinkered with the two programs to have them run together like one could with Reason. I just want separate tracks for the BFD2 drums and work with in pro-tools only to not only speed up the whole process, but not have to rely on the BFD2 mixer. It's nice, but I'd rather mix in pro-tools. ALSO, I don't want to eat up CPU by running it as a plug-in in separate tracks, I've done that & that is just no fun at all.

Any methods or suggestions would be appreciated!

-BooM.2728
"I could levitate birds, but no one cares..."

Rail Jon Rogut

Re: BFD2 in Pro-Tools
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:17:40 PM »

I use an M-Audio interface at 64 samples running BFD2 standalone...  I feed the signal out of the M-Audio interface into the Digi 192 for Pro Tools HD.

I record the drums as a stereo audio track for reference and record the MIDI to a MIDI Track in Pro Tools.

After recording, save the BFD2 Preset and quit BFD2 Standalone.  You can then create a stereo Instrument or Aux Track and instantiate BFD2 on that track... and send the recorded MIDI to it.  BFD2 can send each track (Kick In, Kick Out, Snare Top, Snare Bottom, etc...) to a separate output which you can send to Aux or Audio Tracks and mix them using your Pro Tools plug-ins.

This was recorded using this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM9l0cMn5jo  (although we used the built-in BFD2 mixer without any fx)

Rail
Recording Engineer

www.platinumsamples.com

Engineered Drums for BFD & Superior Drummer 2.0

BooM.2728

Re: BFD2 in Pro-Tools
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:40:46 PM »

Great suggestion, I didn't even think about that (obviously). Thanks for your help!
"I could levitate birds, but no one cares..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 16 queries.