R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Vinyl Pressing Plant is open for business in Cleveland, Ohio  (Read 2885 times)

Thomas W. Bethel

New Vinyl Pressing Plant is open for business in Cleveland, Ohio
« on: November 15, 2009, 08:00:47 AM »

I went to the open house of Gotta Groove records yesterday. Here is their website http://gottagrooverecords.com/our-plant/.

The place is very nicely setup and I got to see some real vinyl being made. The equipment has all been reworked and rebuilt and looks and works very well.

It was GREAT to see all the people that attended the open house and I got a chance to spend some time with my friend Michael Bishop and his wife.

Vince Slusarz has done a fantastic job getting together lots of very knowledgeable people and some good serviceable equipment to start his endeavor and I wish him nothing but success.

The last record making plant in Cleveland was Boddie Records and they folded years ago when vinyl record making was in decline.

What Vince has done has caught a lot of people's imagination and attention. To start up a new vinyl pressing plant in the middle of a recession took a lot of courage and determination

I already have a couple of clients that are thinking about getting some of their releases done on vinyl.

The plant is in a former industrial part of the city that is going though a rebirth and in the same area there is a new brewery and a glass arts shop.

It was an exciting evening and the food and drinks were also GREAT!
-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

dietrich

Re: I went to the open house at Gotta Groove records yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 08:07:50 AM »

Thanks for the post.

I've had the pleasure of working with Vince and Matt already.

mikemcdonald

Re: New Vinyl Pressing Plant is open for business in Cleveland, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »

I'm looking for first hand experiences on this using plant for releases....feel free to email if you'd rather.

my clients have got a lot of interest in vinyl. i had a project come out on LP this year - first one since late 90s - my next two jobs are going vinyl. bizzare. guess i should have kept the tuntable.

thanks for any input...

mike at independentrecording dot com

AussieOzborn

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 06:53:30 AM »

Thomas.... Musicol Recording in Columbus has never stopped pressing vinyl records which makes Gotta Groove the second plant in Ohio and the new kid on the block all at the same time.

Stand by for a new plant opening in the USA in 2011. This plant is installing state-of-the-art Europafilm plating gear and Alpha-Toolex automatic presses finally bringing the US in line with Europe. The plant is currently being installed by highly skilled engineers experienced in record pressing from back in the day. There should be no need to send work to Europe anymore.

Also talking of setting up shop in the USA is a European concern. Looks like vinyl is the way of the future.

Thomas W. Bethel

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »

AussieOzborn wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 06:53

Thomas.... Musicol Recording in Columbus has never stopped pressing vinyl records which makes Gotta Groove the second plant in Ohio and the new kid on the block all at the same time.

Stand by for a new plant opening in the USA in 2011. This plant is installing state-of-the-art Europafilm plating gear and Alpha-Toolex automatic presses finally bringing the US in line with Europe. The plant is currently being installed by highly skilled engineers experienced in record pressing from back in the day. There should be no need to send work to Europe anymore.

Also talking of setting up shop in the USA is a European concern. Looks like vinyl is the way of the future.

Thanks for the heads up on Musicol.  I never heard of them. Thanks also for the information about the new plant opening up.

Vinyl rules!!!
-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.