R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zero headroom and unforgiving of overs (was 192kHz)  (Read 10698 times)

Level

Re: Zero headroom and unforgiving of overs (was 192kHz)
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2004, 09:34:02 PM »

The reports of Nikola Tesla being able to harness cosmic rays on an antenna through vacuum tubes to drive an 80HP electric motor that drove the wheels of a 4500LB Pierce Arrow up to 90MPH is what excites me. The so called "free energy" has not been duplicated anywhere close to the claims of Tesla. Although...folklore, who knows...he may have discovered the thing!

Now what does all of this have to do with digital headroom> Well, since we know we can produce a Superior reproduction using common sense by limiting our RMS levels to -20 to -17 and letting the peaks go where they may...how come the total abuse of inversion is taking place? We are watering down something that could be great to something downright terrible. The public does not care...as do many engineers when "getting paid" seems to take precedence.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the proceeding content or its authenticity.

Read the paragraphs, "Black box" for fun and enlightenment.

http://www.frank.germano.com/blackbox.htm
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

Johnny B

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2004, 12:46:20 AM »

Paul, I believe the Cold Fusion phenom was duplicated at, of all places, the University of Texas. Also, I think the Japanese may have duplicated Cold Fusion as well. It's hard to find good information on the success of Cold Fusion, but some may be on the web.

Bill,

All I can say is "Wow!" A high school science teacher's book about Tesla's wild experiments and other secrets. The thing about using audio waves as weapons, and perhaps mind alteration, caught my eye.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality,
they are not certain; as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."
---Albert Einstein---

I'm also uncertain about everything.

Level

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2004, 12:58:36 AM »

I do believe N. Tesla was on to forces that are yet to be understood by mankind. Some are simple, natural.

Example:
How do you defeat a stealth aircraft?
Easy. Pressure radiant microphone clusters looking for the sonic signature. Vapor trails track via SAT. High intensity Doppler radar.

Example 2:
Touch a black automobile in the summer sun. The radiant energy is over 1 million BTU per hr. from this body. How many parked cars in the US on a bright summer day?

Example 3:
Attics of homes. Why are not the water heaters located there?

So...simple answers to complex problems were Tesla's dreams and accomplishments.

I have 197 different examples documented and ways to implement them but money and politics get totally in the way.
Tesla had thousands and thousands of ideas that never came forward. All it takes is insight to go beyond the possible.
I engineer that way, honestly. I do things that are least sophisticated with maximum results.

http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

PP

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2004, 04:53:40 PM »

krabapple

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2004, 06:08:41 PM »

[quote title=Paul Frindle wrote on Thu, 05 August 2004 02:21]
Johnny B wrote on Wed, 04 August 2004 14:28

There was another such episode a few years ago by some french guy called Bienvenista who reckoned he had diluted homeopathy solutions to the point where none of the original active molecules remained in the solution - but it still apparently showed action. The implication was that water has some sort of memory effect for compounds in solution that were long departed. All seemed pretty impossible to me - however the way he as investigated was pretty brash - a public ridiculing at the behest of report partially compiled by a magician of all people.
Yet again - i don't doubt the guy's good faith - I mean who in their right mind would expect to pull off a con with such a bizarre and testable theory!?

The man's name was Dr. Jacques Benveniste. He was (is?) based in France or Switzerland, I forget which.  Homeopathy is a *huge* business in Europe (and not too shabby a profit-maker here in the States, either).   That might explain the 'who in their right mind' part.  

In 1988 his work was published in Nature, probably most prestigious science journal around, but he couldn't replicate it under controlled conditions. Nature eventually apologized for publishing it in the first place. James Randi, the magician/professional debunker , came along during the
'replication' trial for the sensible reason that scientists rarely *expect* chicanery or sleight-of-hand , whereas magicians are well-trained to spot it.  

Benveniste went on to win a couple of IgNoble prize, and these days is claiming that the beneficial 'memory' of an infinitesimally-diluted drug in water, can be transmitted over telephone lines.  He is also, rather predicatbly, claiming that the scientific community is out to squash him.

Johnny B

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2004, 04:00:53 PM »

Uhh...I think it was Paul who originally brought that up. Glad I'm not the only one around here who makes little, but sometimes significant, mistakes. I wish I could be one of those people who "got it *all* right---*all* the time!" But alas, my small brain is incapable of such feats. I only have two brain cells left, and they don't always talk to each other.

As to Cold Fusion, if I have it right, Cold Fusion has been shown to work by some researchers in Japan and at the Univ. of Texas. When you do a web search of "Cold Fusion, you'll have to wade thru the rubbish to find the positve results this technology could produce. Cold Fusion could be the key to saving this poor planet.

I should also break down and buy that science teacher's book on "Tesla" because what seems to be described could be truly earth shaking. Tesla, what a guy!

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality,
they are not certain; as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."
---Albert Einstein---

I'm also uncertain about everything.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.