R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: H1N1 Vaccine / Vaccinations  (Read 8612 times)

rankus

H1N1 Vaccine / Vaccinations
« on: October 23, 2009, 05:28:40 PM »

Hey all,

I'm sitting on the fence as to whether I'm going to get the shot in the coming week or two.

There is so much quackery and scare tactic from many questionable internet sources that it hard to sort fact from fantasy regarding the vaccine.

I know we have a few medical doctors and generally some pretty intelligent folks around here so I'm hoping for a sane discussion of the facts..  Any thoughts?

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

compasspnt

Re: H1N1 Vaccine / Vaccinations
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 06:15:01 PM »

Wherever you go, you will get plenty of two opposing opinions.

My doctor, who is a close friend, suggests I take it.

I haven't yet done so.

But I did get the Seasonal last week.

Tidewater

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 08:19:53 PM »

Hey Rick! Too late for me, as I have already contracted it.. or so it appears. Must have been a carrier/subcontractor.. eeesh.

I will keep you guys updated. From what I understand I am to expect my body to liquify over the next 48 hours, and then the giant wasp will consume me like a bag full of human Juicy Juice.

I have a really high fever. I see colors. (and giant wasps)

Good thing I am heavily armed! Maybe not..
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

seedyunderbelly.com

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »

HA!

bigbone

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 11:24:29 PM »

Don't intend to get the shot.i don't trust the vaccine.

PookyNMR

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 01:20:50 AM »

It's not quackery.  Look at the data from peer reviewed medical journals or even the CDC.  I would NOT take the flu vaccine.

Just because doctors or medical officials who get money from pharma say go ahead doesn't mean it's a good idea.  

The independent scientific data is not good.  This vaccine is not properly tested.  It contains substances that are known to be harmful in the quantities they're being given.  And studies from even the CDC show that it's efficacy is near useless.

Nathan Rousu

organica

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 02:55:11 AM »

Our family is not doing it . We are taking a number of  nutritional supplements in order to keep from getting sick however that were prescribed by our nutritionist who was saying quite early on that this would be a big flu year .

Evidently there's mercury in at least most of the vaccines ( I hear that there's a mercury free one out there ) as well as something else that I can't recall which is really bad for little kids especially .

We're big on the "good nutrition route" here . Really big . If we weren't , I might think more about getting a shot .

I know some who have contracted H1N1 and it wasn't so bad for them . Fortunately .

Tidewater

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »

I question both sides. There is no knowing in this case, it's a best guess from the best information I can find.

I prefer science based medicine. I am not in the anti-vaccs crowd. Be careful how far you take the questioning, sometimes the authority does get it right. This issue has become popular special pleading from authority to steam roll us though.

As far as I can tell (read:I am not dead yet) this strain of flu isn't nearly as bad as touted in the hopped up on coke and booze press, like they never even mentioned the giant wasps. That right there should make you think!

JDNelson

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 01:04:41 AM »

a crowley wrote on Fri, 23 October 2009 23:55

Evidently there's mercury in at least most of the vaccines ( I hear that there's a mercury free one out there ) .

I think it's called thimerisol and you can ask if it contains this ingerdient or not.  Some contact lens drops used to have thimerisol, too, but they all changed formulations a while back and now they don't.

PookyNMR

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 04:26:32 PM »

Tidewater wrote on Sat, 24 October 2009 10:15

I prefer science based medicine. I am not in the anti-vaccs crowd.

Those are contradictory statements.

Science is showing that there's a lot more wrong with these vaccines than their is right.  Unfortunately, if you only listen to the "studies" put out by pharmaceutical companies you won't hear that information.  Independent / 3rd party data shows quite a different story.

Nathan Rousu

PookyNMR

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 04:32:22 PM »

JDNelson wrote on Sat, 24 October 2009 23:04

a crowley wrote on Fri, 23 October 2009 23:55

Evidently there's mercury in at least most of the vaccines ( I hear that there's a mercury free one out there ) .

I think it's called thimerisol and you can ask if it contains this ingerdient or not.  Some contact lens drops used to have thimerisol, too, but they all changed formulations a while back and now they don't.

Thimerosal is 50% ethyl mercury by weight.  But that's not the only harmful adjuvant in this vaccine.  There's also an aluminum hydroxide and squalene adjuvant - which were culprits in some of the gulf war vaccine sicknesses.

Nathan Rousu

Tidewater

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »

Oh no. Science is down with vaccines in general. That is what I meant. I never take the flu shot, and I never take antibiotics unless there is a doctor telling me I am going to lose my life otherwise.

I think there is a bit of fallacy, at least in the way you put that statement about "Science is showing that there's a lot more wrong with these vaccines than their is right". It's not that simple in my study.

Do you like skeptics? Google the NESS or The Skeptics Guide to the Universe. Links and topics without woowoo, or bias. Much on just this topic.

Come join us!

Still, come join.. but from what I know about thimerosal, I'd add it to breakfast, with red dye. It's ok to live in a margin of what you consider safety, I understand and appreciate that, but all of science isn't political. Most of it is someone smart making excellent use of what we know.

Strummer

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 10:20:08 PM »

How many people do you know who have had or have this flu?

I know one, he's fine.

Is this a national emergency, I think not.

Jay Kadis

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 10:43:36 PM »

Actually, it's probably a good rehearsal for if/when a really virulent strain does become widely contagious - it's happened before and there are some very nasty viruses out there.

So far, I'm not impressed.

Tidewater

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »

I have it right now, and I have heard reports of a 9600 person school system with 8400 people out of school with it. I heard.

Many will get sick. Few will have major complications. Much less so than 20 mph car accidents.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.