R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Holy freaking crap! Check out this guy's 5 OCTAVE range! Amazing!  (Read 10480 times)

bigbone

Re: Holy freaking crap! Check out this guy's 5 OCTAVE range! Amazing!
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 08:45:00 AM »

PlugHead wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 21:13

Barry Hufker wrote on Tue, 13 October 2009 19:22

I

Barry

+1.

However, this is a 'pro audio forum'. We are folk that work in some capacity of the recording arts, and the fellow in the youtube videos posted something extremely lame for the world to see. If he expects the world to accept his 'musicianship' with open arms, well - so be it. He cannot expect the world at large to be as forgiving as you - we may be having some fun with this, but IMO we are TAME compared to the comments he already has on his youtube clips, which if he can read, he MUST see regularly - unlike a somewhat exclusive board like this...

respectfully,

He NEVER post his video here for you to juge it, he post it on you tube.... huge difference.

billiard

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 09:30:09 AM »

I understand that my arguments give the appearance that I am promoting a PC world.  This is actually not accurate.  I thoroughly enjoy irreverence and satire.  What I do not enjoy is laughter and ridicule at someone else's expense.  Particularly someone less fortunate.

Ryan, you say this man made false claims.  Yes he did, but he apparently is completely unaware of the fact.  If he has family or friends who do realize, maybe they can kindly point out the facts.  But he may never be capable of the realization and so pointing out his shortcomings may be unnecessary and meaningless.  I don't see that as a valid reason for ridicule.

Jay, I certainly hope you never have to face severe and profound health issues in your growing family.

You speak  of the man's expectations.  It is very possible and even likely that his expectations are nothing like what your expectations would be if you posted something of your own performance.  What he did in that video may actually be a monumental achievement for him.  It's relative.  And if you look carefully at this and some of his other videos, you'll notice he does appear to have great difficulty reading.

Barry, you also seem to be assuming that this man has your intellect and talent and should know better.  But I don't think that is likely.

It's one thing to have a private and even involuntary chuckle over a pratfall, it is quite another to promote public humiliation.  Especially when someone may actually be accomplishing something of merit —for them.

"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."   - Elvis Presley

Tomas Danko

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 10:53:20 AM »

I kill me!

Small Town Boy is another gem.
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

J.J. Blair

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »

Sorry, but there are thousands of videos on youtube of people showing off their "talent."  Some of them as lame as this or worse, and it's ridiculous for us to start concluding that they have some disorder.  My friend has posted some ridiculous videos of himself dancing to James Brown, and we can safely conclude that he's mentally challenged, but that's because he's a drummer.  

Sorry to anybody who has the challenge of having children with any difficulties or disorders, but this is a grown man putting out videos by the dozen.  It's no different than the crappy guitarists who put up youtube videos of themselves playing stuff wrong, and then expecting people to say what a great job they did.  Overestimating one's own talent does not mean that you're aspergic, or austitic, or retarded, or whatever.  And frequently, as in this case, it's funny.

Now, youtube is a public forum, it has buttons so you can link it to your facebook page, etc.  I don't feel bad reposting it in this forum.  This guy didn't make these to send privately to his friends.  He put them out there for everybody and anybody to see.  

Like these folks.  They made this and put it out there for the world to see.  It's unintentionally hysterical.  I don't feel bad for one second laughing at it or sharing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC0sR5_NTFo
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

bigbone

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 01:43:19 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 12:25

and we can safely conclude that he's mentally challenged, but that's because he's a drummer.  

If you are serious that's a stupid thing to said.......

MDM,

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »

JJ, I don't think there's anything wrong with showing others silly people doing silly things which show off their sillyness.

But maybe your energies would be better spent highlighting the work of people who are excelling?

what's the use of laughing at these people, I don't get it..

for real.

nothing to do with you personally JJ, but this sort of reminds me of people who regularly watch war movies with bodies exploding and being cut-up in pieces and enjoying it in their own way..

I say that if any of these people had lived in a battle zone all their lives, they would rather be watching The Sound Of Music..

I mean there's nothing abnormal or curious about incompetence, suffering or deficiency.. you have to accept it as a fact and try to raise the level of consciousness for EVERYONE.. including the less-fortunate.. not get caught up in the dark side.. eyes glued to the screen in comic disbelief while you see somebody being blown to bits or whatever...

this whole thing of seeing suffering or deficiency as something EXTERNAL is a social sickness..

people need to feel connected to each other, not separated.

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

MoreSpaceEcho

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »

bigbone wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 18:43

J.J. Blair wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 12:25

and we can safely conclude that he's mentally challenged, but that's because he's a drummer.  

If you are serious that's a stupid thing to said.......

if i may quote robert plant: "does anybody remember laughter?"

it's a JOKE. some more drummer jokes for ya:

what's the difference between a large pizza and a drummer?

the pizza can feed a family of four.

what do you call a drummer whose girlfriend left them?

homeless.

how do you know it's a drummer knocking on your door?

the knocking speeds up.

bigbone

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 02:29:10 PM »

MoreSpaceEcho

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 03:07:02 PM »

aw, c'mon. i'm a drummer too.

Nizzle

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 03:43:15 PM »

I can't believe what this thread has turned into. It IS funny. The drummer joke was funny. Part of me is wondering if the sensitive ones are really F'ing with JJ. Come on folks, lighten up. There isn't a SHRED of maliciousness here. Move on. Jeez!

-t

billiard

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 04:04:31 PM »

J.J., I am not suggesting that every mediocre or even poor video must be someone disabled.  But apparently you ARE concluding that if a video is posted it must be by someone with your level of talent and skill and therefore is worthy of your scorn.

Not everyone is born with that level of talent.  Even those who do have some talent, never reach a superior level of skill.  That does not mean they should never be allowed to do something they enjoy.  

Are you going to sit there and tell me that Fred and Sharon are at your level of intelligence, talent and skill?  That the quality should be what you would do?  They made that ad at that quality because it is what they are capable of with their talent and budget.  If there is even one person who is willing to hire them, I think that is great.  I truly hope they and their client(s) are happy and well fed.

Why cant you be satisfied from your summit?  Be happy for them.  They certainly don't need or deserve your contempt.  It's unseemly.

How do you know when a drummer is walking behind you?
You can hear his knuckles scraping on the ground.

"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."   - Elvis Presley

RSettee

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »

billiard wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 15:04

J.J., I am not suggesting that every mediocre or even poor video must be someone disabled.  But apparently you ARE concluding that if a video is posted it must be by someone with your level of talent and skill and therefore is worthy of your scorn.

Not everyone is born with that level of talent.  Even those who do have some talent, never reach a superior level of skill.  That does not mean they should never be allowed to do something they enjoy.

Why does it have to be in the public domain, though? I don't like to see people getting lambasted either (it's been civil here....check the YouTube comments), but is everyone just supposed to tell people how great they are, even when they aren't?

No one here said that they're not happy for whoever puts up their art or "talents".

MoreSpaceEcho

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »

billiard wrote on Wed, 14 October 2009 21:04

But apparently you ARE concluding that if a video is posted it must be by someone with your level of talent and skill and therefore is worthy of your scorn.

not to speak for JJ, as he's more than capable of speaking for himself, but i don't think anybody is concluding anything like that.

i don't see anything at all wrong with some lighthearted fun-making. i don't detect the least bit of scorn or maliciousness from anyone here. it's all in fun. and anyone who posts a video of themselves needs to be prepared to be ridiculed by somebody somewhere.

Why did the drummer stare at the frozen juice can?

Because it said "Concentrate".

J.J. Blair

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2009, 05:07:31 PM »

Contempt?  That's a figment of your imagination. Where have I displayed contempt?  Finding something amusing is not contempt. I think you are projecting a little here.  

This thread is starting to remind me of a joke that got told several times last weekend:

q: How many militant lesbians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

a: That's not funny!!!!!!
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

jwhynot

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »

one to change the bulb.

the other to blow me

JW
one of both the most and least successful producers of ALL TIME!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.