R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to treat my new studio room! (HELP PLEASE!)  (Read 1951 times)

jon

Looking to treat my new studio room! (HELP PLEASE!)
« on: October 04, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »

Hey everyone. I just moved into a new house, and I am really considering turning the wine cellar into a nice little studio. I am willing to put all of the time and effort into making this thing happen, but I really need some advice.

First off, with dimensions and properties of the room:

*The room is a concrete room without a door yet (I will put a sliding door on in the near future)

*Dimensions are: 86" width, 94" length, 92" height

*there is a considerable amount of echo going on, as you can imagine.

So my first question would involve locating the reflection points. How is this done?

Second, what kind of materials are used in hand-making sound panels? I was under the impression that JM 184 insulation works very well.

Third, given the size of this small room, how many bass traps and wall-mounted panels am I looking at? Is there a traditional way to set up a room with a certain number of panels for each wall/corner?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.  I am very excited to get this thing moving. I can provide pictures soon if it would help anyone.

jon

Ethan Winer

Re: Looking to treat my new studio room! (HELP PLEASE!)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »

Didn't we speak about this the other day? Very Happy

Quote:

So my first question would involve locating the reflection points. How is this done?

You can use the "mirror trick" or calculate the "points." I put "points" in quotes because it's really an area. More here:

Early Reflections
How to set up a room

Quote:

I was under the impression that JM 184 insulation works very well.

If that's rigid fiberglass or mineral wool, and it's the appropriate thickness, it will work well.

Quote:

given the size of this small room, how many bass traps and wall-mounted panels am I looking at? Is there a traditional way to set up a room with a certain number of panels for each wall/corner?

That's a very small room, and basically cube shaped, so you need as much bass trapping as you can possibly fit and afford. Bear in mind that rectangle rooms have 12 corners, not just four where the walls meet.

--Ethan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.