R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple o' Samplitude questions  (Read 2551 times)

craig boychuk

A couple o' Samplitude questions
« on: July 19, 2004, 12:03:39 PM »

I just recently checked out Samp 7 and am quite happy with it, but there's a couple things I can't figure out and can't find referenced in the manual..

1. How do you preview the different dither options before you burn a cdr? It seems to me you can't use the POWr dither as a normal plugin, and it only is applied when you burn a cd.

2. Can Samp generate a PQ list? I can't for the life of me find it in a menu or in the manual...

Thanks folks, much obliged for any answers.

Capture the pasture rapture.
www.cbaudio.com

OTR-jkl

Re: A couple o' Samplitude questions
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 12:41:30 PM »

Quote:

1. How do you preview the different dither options before you burn a cdr? It seems to me you can't use the POWr dither as a normal plugin, and it only is applied when you burn a cd.

Dither is applied on the Master buss. On the mixer, click on the button (the one that has your output sound card listed on it...) below the "Routing" button and then click on "Dithering Options..." and choose the dither that you want to preview. You only have to play the file to hear the dither...

Quote:

2. Can Samp generate a PQ list? I can't for the life of me find it in a menu or in the manual...

In the CD menu, go to Make CD and then click on "Show TOC". From there you can click on "External Editor" when you're ready to print it out.
J Lowes · OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering

craig boychuk

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 10:57:08 AM »

Thanks OTR!
Capture the pasture rapture.
www.cbaudio.com

Fifthcircle

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 05:44:15 PM »

This is a pretty late reply to this question as I only just signed up for this forum....  

In Version 8 which will be coming out pretty soon now, there are some new options for dither- at least in Sequoia there is (I haven't seen a Version 8 beta of Samplitude).  There is a new force 16 bit output option which forces the computer to dither so you can monitor exactly what is happening.

--Ben
Benjamin Maas
Fifth Circle Audio
Los Angeles, CA
http://www.fifthcircle.com

Gold

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 06:35:29 PM »

I asked this question on the Samp board and got no response. Has anyone encountered the fade markers behaving in two different ways? I'm using Samp 7.22.  The way it works most of the time is that when I grab the square handle at a fade out and drag to the left the fade moves to the left. Other times there is a dotted vertical line extending down from the handle. If it looks like this when I drag the fade out to the left the fade extends to the right. I don't like this.

I have enable asymetric fades as the default. I can't figure out why it sometimes works one way and other times works the other way.  
Paul Gold
www.saltmastering.com

On the silk road, looking for uranium.

OTR-jkl

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 07:10:19 PM »

Paul -
It's due to whatever crossfade type you have selected in the crossfade editor ("Fade inside object borders", "Fade symmetric to object borders", or "Fade outside object borders"). If you select "Fade outside object borders" the fade behaves in the way you describe.

You need to select "Fade inside object borders" so that the fade only affects the material inside the object. Once you select that, click on the Global Settings "Set" button and then OK to set this as the default.
J Lowes · OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering

Bob Olhsson

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 09:21:19 PM »

If you set driver communication to 16 bits, you'll be listening to 16 bit Pow-R when it's selected. The other dither settings don't truncate so there's no way to compare them unless you run through some device that truncates to 16 bits first.

Sequoia 8 is supposed to have a more elegant implementation for monitoring 16 bits but they've suggested that this will be exclusive to Sequoia.

Gold

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 12:31:19 PM »

Quote:

It's due to whatever crossfade type you have selected in the crossfade editor

Ahh. I knew it had to be operator error but I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Thanks! My life just got easier.
Paul Gold
www.saltmastering.com

On the silk road, looking for uranium.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.