R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic inputs into Digi-002 via Lightpipe  (Read 11779 times)

craig boychuk

Re: Mic inputs into Digi-002 via Lightpipe
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »

mdbeh wrote on Tue, 10 November 2009 11:53

...That's to be expected, but on places like g***s**** you'll read that it's essentially a  high-end converter for 1/10 the price, and that's not what I heard at all.

No, I certainly wouldn't call it high-end.

-craig-
Capture the pasture rapture.
www.cbaudio.com

AlexVI

• Real Full Name: Alexander Van Ingen
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »

Sorry this is late to the party - but have you considered the RME Octamic? Good pres, and a flexible array of outputs. The digital outputs (2 x ADAT outputs, mirrored, and AES) all work simultaneously, too...

AVI

ssltech

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 08:18:14 AM »

On the subject of the Behringer ADA-8000 and it being not worth "modding", that's not quite the final verdict.

They tend to fail in a common way, and in the end, I did come up with a solution, though it takes someone with some basic tech-ing/solder-slinging skills to make it all happen.

This is NOT designed to improve the sound in any way, it is intended to prevent the all-too-common power-transformer failure, which tends to give up after a year or two.

Details here.

Looking on eBay, you'll find plenty of these things which "just wouldn't power up one day..."

Myself, I've used (and repaired) the ADA-8000, but I presently use the Rosetta. I have to say that I'm 100% in agreement with Clifford; while the Behringer gives you 8 inputs, 8 mic pres, phantom power and functions very well for about $185 street price, the Apogee is the one which sounds good!

And as for using external mic pres with the Behringer to improve the sound... don't bother. The Behringer just resistively pads down any line level signals and feeds it through the same Behringer mic preamp circuit, so there's no way to "bypass the damage"...

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 18 queries.