R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Swine Flu' remedies  (Read 2644 times)

MDM,

'Swine Flu' remedies
« on: September 21, 2009, 06:43:23 AM »

There is a lot of talk about genetic engineering and this upcoming disease.

this is just one video which may or may not be accurate.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Uc38-8hqU&feature=chann el_page

regardless, there are other sources which link this and the original 1918 virus to military engineering, as a cost-effective way to wage war.

I am quite worried about this because if this is going to happen, after almost a century of work, they may have got it right.  

every time millions of people die, there are economic situations which can be exploited and that can make a few people a lot of money, this alone is enough of a justification for such an action, but there are others.

now the only way I can figure out to make the best of this is to try and work out a series of remedies to try and get through the period of infection, without relying on vaccinations, at least the first series which would not be 'locally' produced.

I hate talking about this issue, and I wish I didn't have to worry about it, but it's too serious not to consider.

what kind of things are you planning on doing, if and when this happens?

I am aware so far of vitamin A, D, and C in highish doses.

I talked to someone who says they haven't gotten the flu since 1989 because they take a special form of vitamin C supplement which is sold in glass vials as a liquid (he says up to 4000 mG a day when he feels like it's coming on)

One issue to think about is that apparently, this kind of virus has a double effect: at first it weakens the immune system like other viruses, then it attacks the respiratory system in a particularly heavy way which is why many people died from pneumonia in the original WW I virus.  

This would indicate that antibiotic cures may have their place?

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.
John Adams (1735-1826) 2nd President, United States

the greek

Re: 'Swine Flu' remedies
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 02:19:27 PM »

Garlic and cayenne is the best for colds and flus.

Garlic (Allium sativum): Antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, anticancer and cardiovascular tonic par excellence. The best home remedy for colds is to eat two cloves of raw garlic at the onset of symptoms.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/garlic.html

I take a quarter teaspoon of organic 50000 heat unit cayenne in a shot glass and fill the glass up with organic orange juice in the morning. I keep taking shots until the glass is clean. Natural cayenne without the anti-caking chemicals tends to stick but about two or three shots of OJ does the trick.

I felt the 'flu' coming on last week, people at my work are STILL sick. I also had a tight production deadline due last Tuesday at 8 am. I was a bit 'under the weather' with a full effect of the cold for less than 24 hours.

Hank Alrich

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 02:37:48 PM »

The easy way to build up immunity to swine flu is to eat plenty of bacon.

Tomas Danko

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 02:50:03 PM »

Hank Alrich wrote on Mon, 21 September 2009 19:37

The easy way to build up immunity to swine flu is to eat plenty of bacon.

And one more time for reference...

http://5.media.tumblr.com/Vgm3EjKXUmyhuiuiZQFkPbkJo1_500.jpg
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Berolzheimer

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 02:53:27 PM »

index.php/fa/13370/0/
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

compasspnt

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 04:52:07 PM »

"I opened the door, and Influenza..."

sui-city

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 03:34:39 AM »

compasspnt wrote on Mon, 21 September 2009 22:52

"I opened the door, and Influenza..."

Was he still angry about being beaten by Henry's GT40?

Sorry Terry.

Back on topic, Max, sorry but i honestly believe that this epidemic is being blown out of proportion by the media.

I have had numerous colleagues contract the virus. Those who fared worst were the ones who took Tamiflu. They were absolutely beaten to death's door by the drug. The others suffered 5 or so days of body aches and pains, and headaches.

I was a 60 a day smoker and have had bronchial issues all my life. I take a copious amount of Vitamin C nowadays and that has kept me largely flu free this past winter.

And the statistics on this disease are not as bad as they are being made out to be.

Those who should be cautious are the ones who are always of concern, those with weakened immune systems, particularly if they are very young or elderly and frail.

Sorry, my .02p

MDM,

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 09:45:46 AM »

thanks, that's good to know.

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy .. in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry and music.

compasspnt

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 11:44:07 AM »

There *may* be some sort of immunity from some past exposure(s), because the H1N1 (Swine) flu seems to *not* be affecting those past a certain age (for the most part), those who would normally be amongst most susceptible...

MDM,

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »

it's a weird flu, and more than one source is saying that it has been engineered to be selective.

the media also knows this, which to me means that the WHO tipped them off. Usually they don't include such facts in the yearly flu reports.

while I have a hard time believing this is a possibility, on the other hand with constant funding in the order of hundreds of millions over a period of decades somebody may have figured out how to do this.

the people who are dying in the news reports are not necessarily dying because of the normal flu-symptoms but because of lung complications.  This said, the same thing happened in the original 1918 pandemic.

but I'm just glad that this year's incarnation doesn't seem to be too much of a problem.  Gives me time to look into it further.

...I am 41 this year, so I would still be in the 'target' BTW.

Berolzheimer

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 03:18:10 PM »

I'm pretty sure my 14 year old son had it last spring, picked it up on a flight from DC to LA.  It was just like any other flu, worse than some, not as bad as others... he lay around for a week complaining but then was fine.  None of the rest of us caught it from him.
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

PookyNMR

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »

The Canadian government is researching and pushing vitamin D quite heavily.  

A lot of research is showing that there's a strong correlation between vitamin D levels and contracting the flu.

Also, in a survey done of Canadian health professionals (doctors / nurses), over half of them said that they would never take the flu vaccines.  The reasons cited being that they believe that they're not properly tested, unsafe and ineffective.

Nathan Rousu

compasspnt

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 04:28:40 PM »

PookyNMR wrote on Tue, 22 September 2009 16:24

...in a survey done of Canadian health professionals (doctors / nurses), over half of them said that they would never take the flu vaccines.  The reasons cited being that they believe that they're not properly tested, unsafe and ineffective.

Meaning "Swine," seasonal, or both?

PookyNMR

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 04:36:34 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Tue, 22 September 2009 14:28

PookyNMR wrote on Tue, 22 September 2009 16:24

...in a survey done of Canadian health professionals (doctors / nurses), over half of them said that they would never take the flu vaccines.  The reasons cited being that they believe that they're not properly tested, unsafe and ineffective.

Meaning "Swine," seasonal, or both?

All of the above were mentioned - but primarily the new swine flu vaccines were by far taking the most criticism.  

The current seasonal flu vaccines also have many dangerous components and receive a lot less testing than we'd like for each of the new strains they produce.  This was also a cause for many of these health professionals not taking those either.

The side effects of the 1976 swine flu vaccine proved worse than the disease.  More people died from the vaccine than the disease.  Many who weren't killed by the vaccine received horrible side effects like nerve damage / paralysis.
Nathan Rousu

garret

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 05:25:41 PM »

Here's something that genuinely works for the flu...

Crystallized (candied) ginger.  

You can get the stuff at a Chinese grocery or natural foods store, if not at your regular grocery store.   It's pure ginger, sliced or cubed, and preserved in sugar.   Delicious if you like spicy ginger stuff.

Per advice from her midwife, my wife started taking it when she was pregnant to combat morning sickness, and it worked amazingly well.  So I tried some when I had the flu, and indeed it works.   Although you still have many symptoms of the flu (headache, chills/fever) taking ginger can suppress the GI symptoms.  And it seems to make the flu go away quicker for me.

It turns out that ginger has been proven to combat nausea.  In one study just one little cube of ginger a day reduced nausea from chemotherapy by 40%.  

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20090514/ginger-may-root-ou t-nausea
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/ginger-000246.htm

In non-scientific testing, the guys on Mythbusters proved that ginger combats motion sickness.  (They spun each other around at high speeds with and without taking ginger beforehand.)
tomorrow is already here - http://www.worksongs.net/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 16 queries.