R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: singling out Tracks in artist's songs??  (Read 10257 times)

Byzantine

singling out Tracks in artist's songs??
« on: September 01, 2009, 02:34:23 AM »

ok i am not a complete noob when it comes to recording software but still have a lot to learn on it.

really my only question at this point is if there is any software that anyone knows of that can take an already recorded track like a song by any "big name" artist and would break up the tracks to what they were in recording, or put each guitar on a separate track and the same for the drums and bass?

btw sorry if this has already been posted i don't know if it has or not. i looked and couldn't find anything on this subject but if it is then plus link the forum page it is on.

thanks a head of time for any help i get.

compasspnt

Re: singling out Tracks in artist's songs??
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 03:07:23 PM »

Absolutely not, as there should never be.

Byzantine

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:51:40 PM »

why do you say that it would help anyone trying to tab out or learn any songs by another artist. i dont see why that you say there never should be.......

sherry william

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:36:12 AM »

Call recording software which is not the same as call logging software allows a party to record a telephone conversation, either PSTN or VoIP to a digital audio file format, usually in wav or mp3. Call recording is becoming increasingly important, with technology changing and working habits becoming more mobile. Addressing mobile recording is now the subject of many financial regulators' recommendations. It is also increassingly important to business continuity planning, especially for pandemic planning. The actual recording takes place on a recording system with software for the management of calls and security of recordings. Most call recording software applications rely on an analogue signal via either a call recording adapter or a telephony board.

burp182

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 03:36:23 PM »

Please correct me if I'm off target, Terry, but I think his point was that completed songs are just that - a completed entity and meant to be taken as such. Do your own work. Transcribing songs into component parts to learn from them is as old a practice as recorded sound but the process kind of IS the point. As you listen and attempt to isolate individual parts, you learn how things fit together and train your hearing simultaneously. Important work.
There are folks who have supplied songs broken into parts for you to remix and re-mold as you wish. Trent Reznor leaps to mind, but there are a few others. And there is a book of complete transcriptions of the Beatles that is invaluable (and really makes you appreciate what George Martin brought to the table). But these are the exceptions rather than the rule. Doing your own breakdowns will teach you so much about the music that it would be a shame to bypass it with software. And now, thanks to the Internet, when you get stuck on the damn inner voicings of a Steely Dan song or similarly tough nut to crack, there are others out there who've gone down the path before you and can help you out.
This is a good thing and worth the time and work.

Hallams

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 09:59:47 PM »

Byzantine wrote on Fri, 02 October 2009 12:51

why do you say that it would help anyone trying to tab out or learn any songs by another artist. i dont see why that you say there never should be.......

...hey look here everyone, i've just posted MY mix of AC DC's Back In Black.  I corrected the timing of the drum tracks, and autotuned the vox,.....re amped the guitars........and maximized the mix with my new vintage fairchild loudness maximizzer plug..... its sounding muuch better now....pitty they didn't have pro tools back then hey? I think it's waaaay better than the original mix.

posted by I_ME and MY
a true internet original>
Say No More!
Chris Hallam.
Melbourne, Australia.

compasspnt

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 08:24:50 AM »

Learning from transcriptions and making tabs are one thing...having separate audio tracks with which to do as one wills is quite another.

H, I hope you smothered the BIB lead vocs with Digiverb.

Hallams

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 08:42:41 AM »

compasspnt wrote on Wed, 12 May 2010 22:24

Learning from transcriptions and making tabs are one thing...having separate audio tracks with which to do as one wills is quite another.

H, I hope you smothered the BIB lead vocs with Digiverb.

Of course...i call it MY Wet Blanket technique. Confused
Chris Hallam.
Melbourne, Australia.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.