R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waves WUP rip off  (Read 2019 times)

Touchwood Studios

Waves WUP rip off
« on: July 14, 2004, 11:17:36 PM »

Last June I upgraded my Waves stuff to work with OS X I think it was 400 or 500 bucks and they threw in a new PI (Ren Channel) Now a year later they fixed a few bugs and got the Waves masters working @ 96K and they what another $450.00 US for a wimp upgrade!!
That is soooo lame. I sent 2 emails to complain to Waves and they did not even respond with a "Too Bad so Sad" email. I can't believe it!!!
Mad

Level

Re: Waves WUP rip off
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 02:18:45 AM »

Even though I will never advocate ripping off intellectual property....one has very little wonder why people go to download sites and steal things they never would paid for to stay updated. If I could recoup all the non transferable plug- in's I bought when I replaced my main computer system, I could have saved enough for a good used car. It is the clients that end up paying for them and profit margins to the facility lowered.

Just a rant. I keep an update budget to cover those faux pas's.

I first got bit in 95 running windows 3.1 and had to totally repurchase for Win 95. Over 1000.00 in software with 2 months use on it and all those floppies that were of no use.

Im was one of the first to run windows as a main music/editing system. E-GAD it was expensive then.

Remember Amega?
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 19 queries.