R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dynaudio BM6 for home monitors?  (Read 4559 times)

Christian Jensen

Dynaudio BM6 for home monitors?
« on: August 08, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »

hi
Im looking for some new speakers for my home audiosetup. As im looking for some speakers with nice clean clear sound for my hifisetup, i have looked at the Dynaudio BM 6 studiomonitors.
As im also a DJ i need some speakers where i can here exactly what i am doing with my mix when i am practiseing at home.
As my room is just 8 kvm i need some small speakers with big sound.

Would the Dynaudio be something relevant for me?

compasspnt

Re: Dynaudio BM6 for home monitors?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »

They would be one of the best choices for you, but you would need to set them (and your room) up properly.

Tomas Danko

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 07:04:40 AM »

Christian Jensen wrote on Sat, 08 August 2009 15:27

hi
Im looking for some new speakers for my home audiosetup. As im looking for some speakers with nice clean clear sound for my hifisetup, i have looked at the Dynaudio BM 6 studiomonitors.
As im also a DJ i need some speakers where i can here exactly what i am doing with my mix when i am practiseing at home.
As my room is just 8 kvm i need some small speakers with big sound.

Would the Dynaudio be something relevant for me?

Chances are that in practice you won't be able to tame the room enough to be able to crank it and get a representative low end.

But what you can do, is to crank it up and walk out the room and listen to the low end while walking around in whatever adjacent hallway or room you have. This will give you a better idea of how the low end sits in the mix, and after a while you'll be likely to figure out the sweet spot  when mixing at lower levels without having to take a stroll.

Because your room will most likely only give you a "big sound" when you listen at lower levels (standing waves permitting, of course...).
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Christian Jensen

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 01:39:54 PM »

Tomas, the problem with me walking out of the room to hear the low, is that im not mixing a recording, but to tracks together, as a DJ, there for i need to be at the mixer the whole time while i mix the tracks. The mixing time is also where it is most important for me to hear the details in my mix.

I have been thinking, would i be better of by buying some hifispeakters instead of studiomonitors?
how is the sound of the BM6? i know that when we are talking about good monitors it is more important that the sound is honest and reveeal every fault in the mix, then how nice it sounds.
So should i go for the BM6 or som hifispeakers in the same pricerange?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.