R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: the REVISED Soundelux / Bock iFet7  (Read 12123 times)

Deuce 225

Neumann U47 FET i - P48 I
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 07:19:30 PM »

Thanks for the replies JJ and C17. Since my post, I also heard the older U47fet's had an additional -6dB at the bottom. I have no information as to when the change was made between the revisions.
Best,

Tim Cochran

J.J. Blair

Re: Neumann U47 FET i - P48 I
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 04:28:41 PM »

There are two pads on the Fet47.  There's a -10dB pad between the capsule and the FET that many feel has unfavorable effects on the sound.  That pad is unnecessary on the iFet, which has an insane amount of headroom.  The second pad on the fet47 is -6dB, and I believe changes the way the secondary of the transformer is strapped.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Barry Hufker

Re: Neumann U47 FET i - P48 I
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »

The -6dB pad is for the mic's output.  At the time, Neumann condensers were overloading American preamps (then designed for working with ribbon and moving coil mics) so this option was put in place.

Barry

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.