R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: couple the adjacent space or isolate it?  (Read 1544 times)

brett

couple the adjacent space or isolate it?
« on: July 19, 2009, 11:25:22 PM »

my control room is in a loft that is open to the larger living room. There is a 1.5' opening that raps around the left of the room and rear in the middle of the 8' tall walls. The rear wall is not flat but three offsets that are stepped and open to the stairs going down. The top of the opening in the middle of the loft wall is flush with ceiling for the large living room that has 14' high ceiling below. Should I:

1. seal off the opening with drywall
2. fill it with absorption
3. just hang my acoustic panels to create an RFZ and not worry about the reverb from there bleeding in?
4. couple the spaces using a box shelf type design resembling the aurlex space coupler?

I get pretty good low end response in the room due to the large window at the front wall, the stepped offsets at the rear and the openings to a larger space. I do not want to lose that bleed of low end just want to clean up the high end response. I technically have very little rear wall and need something back there with diffusion to give me some diffused reflections. I track in here too so some liveliness using the other space as a reverb chamber had me curious about the coupling. Acoustic guitar vox, drum cymbals, and percussion are what gets tracked live.  

Thomas Jouanjean

Re: couple the adjacent space or isolate it?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 05:26:07 PM »

Any pics? Would help my give you proper advice...
Thomas Jouanjean
Northward Acoustics - Engineering and Designs
http://www.northwardacoustics.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Northward-Acoustics/1062876633 71

Pro Audio Partners:
ATC Loudspeakers
FOCAL Professional Speakers

brett

Re: couple the adjacent space or isolate it?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:31:57 PM »

sorry it is fuzzy. Will take another one tonight that is of the rear wall. That opening on the left runs the lenght of the room to the rear wall and runs across to the right rear where it is open to a stair case.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.