R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Fletcher no longer associated with Mercenary Audio?  (Read 21857 times)

breathe

Is Fletcher no longer associated with Mercenary Audio?
« on: July 19, 2009, 07:06:03 AM »

I've spoken with the other employees of MA, and I can vouch for their knowledge and competency, but I need to know that the leader of the business which I will spend serious dough on buying primo audio gear is a sailor talking drunk who is obsessed with audio fidelity.  I love you Fletcher.  Are you still associated with MA?

n.

tom eaton

Re: Is Fletcher no longer associated with Mercenary Audio?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:02:27 AM »

I would appear that Fletcher is working for Telefunken, now.  There's a new "Huckleberry Music Corp" listed as the parent company on the Mercenary website.

I'm curious, too.

tom

Fletcher

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 12:02:02 PM »

My main gig is at TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik... M-A was sold to a very cool guy named Steve per the terms and agreement made as part of my divorce earlier this year.  

Steve owns "Huckleberry Music", which owns Mercenary.

The staff is still the same and frankly I had pretty much forgotten to show up for work for the last year or so [which nobody seemed to notice].  I am still doing some consulting work and training with Steve and the crew is the crew who are family to me.

The place will be more than fine... and the service you can expect from M-A will be as good [if not better] than it had been in the past.  The real interesting part of the sale process was that we identified all kinds of stuff that we hadn't been doing as well as could be done and those things have been corrected [internal stuff... like "inventory tracking", etc., etc., etc.].

Rest assured that Jay, Adam, Sean and the rest of the crew have the same commitment to complete and total competence and quality that made the joint what it's been for the last 20 years.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »

Is that why the product line has spread like wild fire at Mercenary?
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Sean Eldon Qualls

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 08:27:35 AM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Sun, 19 July 2009 14:25

Is that why the product line has spread like wild fire at Mercenary?

Huh? Not many new lines this year, actually. Less than 10, for sure. We send back more "eval" equipment than we keep.

Maybe your definition of "wild fire" is a little different from mine, though.
Sean Eldon
Gainfully unemployed / Back to freelancing

"Gearslutz -- Where the uneducated go to fight it out with the misinformed" - Dave Hecht

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:11:36 AM »

A figure of speech. No offence meant. Like Mercenary used to carry, API, Chandler, EAR, Drawmer, DW Fearn, GML, Great River, Manley, Speck preamps for a long long while. Then came FMR, Sebatron, and Purple, Rolls, Prism/Maselec, LaChapple, Burl, Empirical and so on, just speaking of preamps. I know the 500 Series compatible boom of new gear is a factor, and also a very logical format. Anyhoo, the line has perhaps doubled seems like to me in a year or so give or take. A good thing.

"Boom" is also a figure of speech. I know there is even more 500 Series compatible gear available than what is currently availible throgh Mercenary. I don't know what has come through the place and failed to meet the criteria of the Meth Lab. That would be kind of cool to know in a way if one did business with another outlet who had a wider, or different selection, with pieces Mercenary passed on ya dig?

I don't count AMI/TAB Funkenwerk or John Hardy in yalls preamp selection as they are forever on back order.
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Kendrix

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 12:00:40 PM »

Does this mean that the "Fletcher/Mercenary girls" wont be making an appearance at AES this October?  

If not, what is there to live for these days?
Ken Favata

Sean Eldon Qualls

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 01:33:43 PM »

Kendrix wrote on Mon, 20 July 2009 12:00

Does this mean that the "Fletcher/Mercenary girls" wont be making an appearance at AES this October?

Some very fine female friends of mine will be handing out Mercenary party invites. Unfortunately for you, they are not sexually interested in men.
Sean Eldon

"Gearslutz -- Where the uneducated go to fight it out with the misinformed" - Dave Hecht

Samc

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »

Sean Eldon Qualls wrote on Mon, 20 July 2009 18:33

Unfortunately for you, they are not sexually interested in men.

It may not be unfortunate for him...Who told you that he is sexually interested in women?
Sam Clayton

Sean Eldon Qualls

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »

Samc wrote on Mon, 20 July 2009 14:25

It may not be unfortunate for him...Who told you that he is sexually interested in women?

His question about/interest in the women in the first place...?
Sean Eldon

Edvaard

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »

Sean Eldon Qualls wrote on Mon, 20 July 2009 14:27

Sigh ...

So now you bring logic and reading comprehension into the affair.

Understand where you ARE, man.

Anywise, good news all around. Glad that everyone is happy after the transition.

Not noticing any discernible "slippage" on Mercenary's part from this corner.

OTOH, noticable improvement, as far as I can tell, from Telefunken USA.

Every once in awhile, things acually DO "happen for a reason."

Samc

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 04:11:03 PM »

Sean Eldon Qualls wrote on Mon, 20 July 2009 19:27

His post implies that he would appreciate seeing the "Fletcher/Mercenary girls" at AES this October, it does not imply sexual interest in them or any other women.
Sam Clayton

Edvaard

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »

Right.

seedyunderbelly.com

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 08:58:04 PM »

Adam,

I think that you may have missed some of those lines earlier on at Mercenary-

FMR/RMS/Prism etc. have been on there over a year+ if I am correct.       Maybe you just noticed it or time is relatively flying for you-

It does not look like they have a bunch of lousy lines now-  on the contrary.

Considering that  being selective was one of MA's  attributes-  I think that you perhaps unintentionally  did them a bit of a disservice.  It reads as though you are sure about it...

Oh well  

Better luck next time for everyone-

j

Fletcher

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 11:18:14 PM »

Things like FMR and RMS were at M-A pretty much since they began their manufacturing... there have been some lines added, like "Mercury" that weren't there when I was there but no wholesale changes that I've seen.

The crew at M-A is the best around.  Those that know me know I had my head up my ass for a well over a year, probably closer to two years and that the crew, led by the exceptionally competent Mr. Jay Fitz ran the joint in my absence.

Nothing has changed from that and the brothers there do great work [and the one sister does better work than the woman she replaced!!! ... which is a kinda recent running theme in my life but I digress].

Thanks for the words of confidence that TELEFUNKEN is better now than it was before... I've only been there a couple months and Alan [who really runs the day to day shit] is really the man at the helm.  It's an honor and a pleasure to work with someone as good, and cool (!!!) as Alan.

The only real change I've made that you might see is that it's no longer "TELEFUNKEN l USA" but it's gone back to it's historic name of TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik.  There is some other stuff I'm working on that will be VERY noticeable in a few months... but so far, only the name change is readily palpable.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.