R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Quad 8  (Read 51383 times)

Silvertone

Re: Quad 8
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2008, 03:55:53 PM »

Wow, in all this time I've never caught this post.

I should do a follow up to the article as I have been gathering a list of music cut on these old babies.

I wasn't aware Sound Labs had a Quad Eight. I bought some Electrodyne 712 channels strips from them some years back. I wonder if they had both Q8 and Edyne consoles at one time?
Larry DeVivo
Silvertone Mastering, Inc.
PO Box 4582
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
www.silvertonemastering.com
To see some of our work please click on any of the visual trailer montages located at... http://robertetoll.com/  (all music and sound effects were mastered by Silvertone Mastering).

leonardo valvassori

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »

Brian Kehew wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 14:36

I have a lots of experience with older Quad Eights. I own the Pacifica, which is a 1976/77 era console, the type The Wall was mixed on. I

Bob Ezrins Q8 that the Wall was actually mixed on is still in use here in Toronto at Halla Music. I've recorded on it (as a musician) several times and can attest to how good it sounds.

Leonardo Valvassori

Brian Kehew

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »

I think (according to a friend who worked at Quad Eight) that The Wall was mixed on three consoles "tied together" to handle 72 tracks at times. I'm sure it wasn't needed for the whole album (listen to its sparseness at times) but for the bigger pieces.
Relax and float downstream...

Silvertone

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 07:17:02 AM »

Brian Kehew wrote on Fri, 16 January 2009 05:47

I think (according to a friend who worked at Quad Eight) that The Wall was mixed on three consoles "tied together" to handle 72 tracks at times. I'm sure it wasn't needed for the whole album (listen to its sparseness at times) but for the bigger pieces.

That's what I was told by 3 different sources when writing the article... the first guy being John Hall... then I had to verify this!

I'm now restoring The Judds old Sphere console and man does it sound good!
Larry DeVivo
Silvertone Mastering, Inc.
PO Box 4582
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
www.silvertonemastering.com
To see some of our work please click on any of the visual trailer montages located at... http://robertetoll.com/  (all music and sound effects were mastered by Silvertone Mastering).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.