R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D-Control Surface layout  (Read 1754 times)

0dbfs

D-Control Surface layout
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:01:05 PM »

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone knows whether the D-Control surface layout is able to be modified.

For instance, I would like to swap the keyboard and transport positions in the center section so that the keyboard is in the middle and the transport is to the right. Just wanted to get a heads up before taking it apart.

This is what it looks like now:
index.php/fa/12714/0/

Thanks!
-j
Jonathan Burtner
Music is Everything!
Audio is Everything Else!

amorris

Re: D-Control Surface layout
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »

Ive had these apart and the "console" is just a frame. moving the panels as you say would be very possible with some metal cutting and ribbon cable extending. I cant remember specifically if there is a cross memeber at the transport/keyboard border, but may have to be cut. the panels are very self contained and would go anywhere really. and having the transport on the right would be nice now you mention it. there are also 2 sized screws holding some panels in, so maybe some creative hole tapping might come into play. I say go for it! Damn the warranty!

amorris

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 09:54:45 AM »

also the master fader will have a fader driver board associated with it mounted in the belly, extend it over as well.

0dbfs

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 10:53:53 AM »

amorris,

Thanks!

Yes.

Moving the keyboard to the middle and using that for transport and other functions while remaining in the sweet-spot is the primary goal.

The master fader would also be moved which would move it away from the global controls / selected channel strip in the center above the transport/master-fader area..

Not really the end of the world.

With extending/re-routing of ribbon cables, potential screw hole tapping, and support cross-member modifications it sounds slightly more involved than just moving the modules.

I'll just take it apart next time I've got an hour or two and take some measurements and other notes about the mechanical and electrical details so that I can come up with a needed-parts list and do the actual modification in one sitting.

As far as warranty goes, i'll just really be modifying the frame slightly (if at all) and not any of the modules... So as far as I am concerned, any module failures will still be covered under their original warranty.

Cheers,
j
Jonathan Burtner
Music is Everything!
Audio is Everything Else!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.