R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: From Popbitch The Jackson Memorial Jokes "Even in death, he brings us laughter"  (Read 12918 times)

J.J. Blair

Quote:

There is a time and place for everything and if you cannot understand why so soon after his death it is not an appropriate time for tasteless jokes, then IMHO it speaks poorly about you.

Sorry, Jay, but I'm in the REP Saloon.  I'm not posting these on the Michael Jackson fan forum, or even anywhere else.  Tasteless humor is par for the course here.  Besides, the title of the thread should be an indication to anybody mourning his loss not to read it.  

If you think me posting a joke in this place, in this thread speaks poorly about  me, then I guess you are entitled to your opinion.  I'm not going to feel bad about it for one second.  If you're morning him and decided to read this thread, with full awareness that this is going to be jokes about MJ, then that's on you.  I didn't seek you out and e-mail this to you.  I'm not e-mailing my friends who worked with him and sending them the link to this thread, and I don't think they're clicking on links that are obviously going to upset them.

Nope.  Don't feel bad in the least.  In fact, I hope when I die, my friends use the thousands of opportunities I've provided to make tasteless jokes about me.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Daniel Farris

J.J. Blair wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 20:58

He decided to share his bed with young children, and then admit as much.

Thank you.

Over in Whatever Works, they're all helping OJ search for the real killers.

DF

Strummer

John Ivan wrote on Sun, 28 June 2009 13:40

Ashermusic wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 10:49

Tim, there was no proof he fucked a child and quite a bit of evidence that he did not. Those who knew him best say he was incapable of it.

Your post re-enforces my belief that the culture continues to get more coarse and crude every day. I am glad I am old enough that I will not see just how far it eventually devolves.

Right on.

Ivan.................

It's going down, way further down, and I'm glad to say I'm with you guys.

Getting that infectious pus out there is so easy these days. It's loud and gets heard and feeds on itself. It's a competition to write the cleverest critical quip.

Ashermusic

J.J. Blair wrote on Sun, 28 June 2009 19:17

Quote:

There is a time and place for everything and if you cannot understand why so soon after his death it is not an appropriate time for tasteless jokes, then IMHO it speaks poorly about you.

Sorry, Jay, but I'm in the REP Saloon.  I'm not posting these on the Michael Jackson fan forum, or even anywhere else.  Tasteless humor is par for the course here.  Besides, the title of the thread should be an indication to anybody mourning his loss not to read it.  

If you think me posting a joke in this place, in this thread speaks poorly about  me, then I guess you are entitled to your opinion.  I'm not going to feel bad about it for one second.  If you're morning him and decided to read this thread, with full awareness that this is going to be jokes about MJ, then that's on you.  I didn't seek you out and e-mail this to you.  I'm not e-mailing my friends who worked with him and sending them the link to this thread, and I don't think they're clicking on links that are obviously going to upset them.

Nope.  Don't feel bad in the least.  In fact, I hope when I die, my friends use the thousands of opportunities I've provided to make tasteless jokes about me.  

I clicked on it just so I would know who I wished to avoid interacting with in the future.

We are just going to have to disagree about this. To me, it is simply low-class but perhaps we were raised with different values.
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

J.J. Blair

Oh, jeez.  I'm being accused of being declass
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Barry Hufker

I'll say again, people tell tasteless jokes for a million reasons.  Sometimes it is to release pain through laughter rather than crying or anger.  Sometimes it is to make political or social commentary.  Sometimes it is to be just plain mean and vindictive.  But in the history of comedy, tasteless humor has a long, even honored tradition.  In fact, the "greatest joke ever," called "The Aristocrats" is nothing but vile, degrading and tasteless.  In fact, the more disgusting you can make the joke, the more honored you are.

Is it telling of a person's character?  Sure it is.  They are many things that are beneath us as human beings and we do them anyway.  BTW, J.J. you're not going to hell for the jokes you tell.  You're going to hell for telling them badly.  See.  That's an example of a tasteless joke that is beneath me.  And I told it anyway.  With that in mind then...

Did you know Curt Cobain's eyes were blue?  When the shotgun went off one blew this way and the other blew that way.

Did you know Princess Grace (Grace Kelly) was on the radio when she died?  And on the steering wheel and on the seat covers and on the dashboard...

Do you know how Helen Keller burned her face?  She answered the waffle iron.

Do you know how she burned the other side of her face?  He called back.

Just reminding one and all that the series of M.J. jokes is nothing new.  If you laugh at someone falling down, farting, peeing on something/someone, belching, vomiting, snot, etc.  then you're part of this crowd.

J.J. Blair

Quote:

Do you know how Helen Keller burned her face? She answered the waffle iron.

Do you know how she burned the other side of her face? He called back.

Talk about telling a joke badly!  She answered the iron, when she burned her face.  She burned her fingers trying to read the waffle iron.  

Get it straight!  Those are time honored classics, and you are butchering them.

Oh, and what did the pilot of the Space Shuttle Discovery tell his wife before the mission?

"You feed the dogs, and I'll feed the fish."

Try the veal.  I'll be here all week.
studio info

Daniel Farris

seedyunderbelly.com wrote on Mon, 29 June 2009 03:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcFryjunIjw

They left out the line about "wearing a tight bath robe."

DF

Daniel Farris

I think the tasteless humor is best when it really leaves you wondering "is this okay?"

Here's a clip of a Zach Galifianakis show I recorded in 2007. I've recorded him several times, and this is the only time I've ever heard this joke.

http://www.danielfarris.com/zachbt.mp3

We went out for drinks after this show and spent a lot of time talking about different kinds of humor and why it works and where the line is. We spent about ten or fifteen minutes talking about this very joke. I won't attempt to paraphrase him, but he has what I would call a very healthy outlook on humor like this.

DF

Ashermusic

J.J. Blair wrote on Sun, 28 June 2009 23:47

Oh, jeez.  I'm being accused of being declass
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

Daniel Farris

Ashermusic wrote on Mon, 29 June 2009 09:26

It is not elitist to ask that people behave in a respectful manner at least for a little while after someone's recent passing. Ironically, I find that  people lower on the socio-economic scale in general understand this better than their more affluent and better-educated friends.

I don't find that SES has much to do with it.

I think how we view death has much more to do with it. I find people who get offended easily by stuff like this are generally pretty maudlin about everything else too.

DF

P.S. I love you, man.

MagnetoSound

This just caught my eye ...

index.php/fa/12674/0/

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up