R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: From Popbitch The Jackson Memorial Jokes "Even in death, he brings us laughter"  (Read 12908 times)

zmix

http://www.popbitch.com  

>> The Jackson Memorial Jokes <<
       Even in death, he brings us laughter

Jacko Memorial Joke 1

Reports of Michael Jackson having a heart attack are incorrect.

He was found in the children˙s ward having a stroke.

------------------------------------------------------
The King of Pop referred to semen as "Duck Butter".
And the booze he gave to young boys as "Jesus Juice".

Jacko Memorial Joke 2

There will be a post-mortem today to determine which was the cause of death:

A) Sunshine B) Moonlight C) Good Times D) Boogie

"I don't think we will ever have a world without
Michael Jackson." Trevor Nelson

Jacko Memorial Joke 3

Michael Jackson died of shock after finding out  Boyz II Men was a band not a delivery service.

"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see
the beat. He made me believe in magic. I will
miss him." - P Diddy

Jacko Memorial Joke 4

Jockeys at tomorrow's race meetings will wear
   black armbands out of respect for Michael Jackson,
   who successfully rode more three year olds than
   anyone in living memory.

"When he held me and hugged me I could feel total,
unconditional love from him. It was one of the most
special moments of my life." -  Uri Geller.
(Poor Uri is likely to be the second biggest loser
from Jacko's death. The only reason for the media
to call on him now is gone.)

Jacko Memorial Joke 5

McDonald's are bringing out the Michael
   Jackson tribute burger.
   50 year old meat between two 7 year old buns.

"I'm having a million different reactions
I didn't expect I would feel." Cher

Jacko Memorial Joke 6

What

J.J. Blair

And then my all time favorite:

What's the difference between Neil Armstrong and Michael Jackson?

Neil Armstrong was the first man to WALK ON THE MOON...

... and Michael Jackson likes to fuck young boys.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Gio

Man, this is just foul. WTF?
Giovanni Fusco

On Staff Here

My Place

Press record. Enjoy!

Tricklecharge

Gio wrote on Fri, 26 June 2009 19:24

Agreed.  Show a little respect for the recently departed.
"-Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work-"
 ..Gustave Flaubert..

Tim Halligan

Tricklecharge wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 10:04

Right.

Just like MJ allegedly showed respect for those young children he fucked...

Let's keep some perspective here...

He was a popular singer who entertained people, but who had some deep troubles which manifested themselves as odd behaviour etc.

Really, what did he achieve?

Did he cure cancer?

Did he end world hunger?

Did he stop wars?

Did he end poverty?

Or, you could argue that even in death, he continues to entertain us.

Cheers,
Tim
"Don't forget, we are all engaged in a battle to the death against mediocrity." - J. Whynot

"You can tune a room only with a bulldozer." - Andy Peters

Barry Hufker

Everyone grieves in his own way.  If you as a reader are offended by this thread then do not read it.

Bad taste is a time-honored way to celebrate and to mourn.

Barry

rollmottle

Tim Halligan wrote on Fri, 26 June 2009 19:58

Right.

He was a popular singer who entertained people, but who had some deep troubles which manifested themselves as odd behaviour etc.

Really, what did he achieve?

Did he cure cancer?

Did he end world hunger?

Did he stop wars?

Did he end poverty?

Or, you could argue that even in death, he continues to entertain us.

Cheers,
Tim

Remember his "little charity project" called We Are The World?
SENTRALL Sound East
My SoundCloud | Twitter | www.sentrall.com

Tim Halligan

rollmottle wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 12:29

Remember his "little charity project" called We Are The World?

Yes.

Was it actually his, or was he just the "face" for it? I can't remember.

Additionally, last time I looked there was still famine in the world...so we can see how well that worked.

I don't necessarily want to beat up on him, but he was just a singer, and perhaps a sense of perspective is required by all of us.

Cheers,
Tim
"Don't forget, we are all engaged in a battle to the death against mediocrity." - J. Whynot

"You can tune a room only with a bulldozer." - Andy Peters

Ashermusic

Tim, there was no proof he fucked a child and quite a bit of evidence that he did not. Those who knew him best say he was incapable of it.

Your post re-enforces my belief that the culture continues to get more coarse and crude every day. I am glad I am old enough that I will not see just how far it eventually devolves.

Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

MagnetoSound

Tim Halligan wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 03:58

Right.

It's not fair or accurate to say that.

Your reply should have read 'Just like MJ showed respect for those young children he allegedly fucked'.

Quote:

Right.

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

J.J. Blair

Ashermusic wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 07:49

Tim, there was no proof he fucked a child and quite a bit of evidence that he did not. Those who knew him best say he was incapable of it.

Actually, two of the jurors on his last case, who voted to acquit, later said, "We made the wrong decision.  He absolutely molested that boy."

The guy was a SERIOUS drug addict, too.  

And sorry, he didn't really contribute much to this world outside of music.  He co-wrote "We Are the World," but it was Harry Belafonte and his manager Ken Kragen who came up with the idea, and did the heavy lifting on the project.  Michael just wrote a not that great song, and lent star power to it.

Look, the guy wanted to be perceived as a freak, so I don't feel bad making jokes about him.  It's documented how after reading P.T. Barnum's biography, he decided to make his public persona "weird."  He bought the Elephant Man's bones, a chimpanzee named Bubbles, who became his companion, and even went so far as to have his publicist furnish a picture to the Enquirer of him sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber, with the caveat that they had to use the word "bizarre" in the caption.

This is of his own doing.  If I were making these kind of jokes about a guy like Bob Geldof, then fine, give me shit.  Michael Jackson was nothing more than a great artist, a cultural phenomenon, and a maladjusted human, who had a fucked up childhood and made a lot of bad decisions as an adult.  He decided to have over 50 cosmetic surgeries.  He decided to not do anything about his massive drug problem.  He decided to share his bed with young children, and then admit as much.  And btw, as far as that goes, where there's smoke, there's fire.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

mukul

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 08:36

Everyone grieves in his own way.  If you as a reader are offended by this thread then do not read it.

Bad taste is a time-honored way to celebrate and to mourn.

Barry

Hi Barry,

In spite of your advice not to read the thread if I am offended by it, I chose to read it, just to understand how people pass value judgement in such tragic circumstances.  It gives me a deeper perspective on human behavior.

The point is not about whether charges are proven or not, but whether this is the right time, and is this an appropriate manner, to rake up such issues.

Regards.

Mukul
Mukul M. Mittal
http://www.druflon.com

Barry Hufker

Mukul,

I can see your point clearly and don't necessarily disagree with you.  Unfortunately, there never is an optimum time for poor taste.  Therefore any time is as good as another, now or later.

Barry

Ashermusic

J.J. Blair wrote on Sun, 28 June 2009 04:58

Ashermusic wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 07:49

Actually, two of the jurors on his last case, who voted to acquit, later said, "We made the wrong decision.  He absolutely molested that boy."

The guy was a SERIOUS drug addict, too.  

And sorry, he didn't really contribute much to this world outside of music.  He co-wrote "We Are the World," but it was Harry Belafonte and his manager Ken Kragen who came up with the idea, and did the heavy lifting on the project.  Michael just wrote a not that great song, and lent star power to it.

Look, the guy wanted to be perceived as a freak, so I don't feel bad making jokes about him.  It's documented how after reading P.T. Barnum's biography, he decided to make his public persona "weird."  He bought the Elephant Man's bones, a chimpanzee named Bubbles, who became his companion, and even went so far as to have his publicist furnish a picture to the Enquirer of him sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber, with the caveat that they had to use the word "bizarre" in the caption.

This is of his own doing.  If I were making these kind of jokes about a guy like Bob Geldof, then fine, give me shit.  Michael Jackson was nothing more than a great artist, a cultural phenomenon, and a maladjusted human, who had a fucked up childhood and made a lot of bad decisions as an adult.  He decided to have over 50 cosmetic surgeries.  He decided to not do anything about his massive drug problem.  He decided to share his bed with young children, and then admit as much.  And btw, as far as that goes, where there's smoke, there's fire.  

Nonetheless he was special to a lot of people. There is a time and place for everything and if you cannot understand why so soon after his death it is not an appropriate time for tasteless jokes, then IMHO it speaks poorly about you.

And "where there's smoke, there's fire" is a platitude that when applied to specific situations is proven wrong as often as right.
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Level 2
Author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 8"

www.jayasher.com

John Ivan

Ashermusic wrote on Sat, 27 June 2009 10:49

Your post re-enforces my belief that the culture continues to get more coarse and crude every day. I am glad I am old enough that I will not see just how far it eventually devolves.

Right on.

Ivan.................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 19 queries.