R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for investors, have business plan  (Read 10497 times)

JDNelson

Looking for investors, have business plan
« on: April 30, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »

Okay, here's the deal.  As Rahm Emanuel says, never let a perfectly good emergency go to waste.  So here's my idea to cash in on the swine flu pandemic.  

Personalized medical face masks.  While everybody else is wearing boring white painter's masks, those with a flair for fashion can wear their choice of hip, new flu masks.

Some ideas I'm floating are:  zebra striped, leopard spots, and my favorite... cartoon mouths so you can look like you're smiling or laughing or sticking your tongue out all of the time.

Who's in?  We need to move fast to get into production soon enough to cash in...

Jay Kadis

Re: Looking for investors, have business plan
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 02:29:27 PM »

Better hurry.  Once everyone discovers the paper masks do not prevent infection the bottom is going to drop out of the market.  Influenza virus is just as happy to infect through the eyes as through the nose/mouth.

Daniel Farris

JDNelson

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:56:19 PM »

If it was just about the protection, there would be no market for flavored condoms, now would there.  My worst case scenario is they find a cure for this damn thing and I'm left holding onto 500K masks.

Jay Kadis

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 04:05:56 PM »

JDNelson wrote on Thu, 30 April 2009 12:56

If it was just about the protection, there would be no market for flavored condoms, now would there.  My worst case scenario is they find a cure for this damn thing and I'm left holding onto 500K masks.
Not to worry, something else is undoubtedly just around the corner.

The media are playing up the H1N1 variant big time.  I just read that the "swine flu" epidemic of 1917-18 had a death rate of about 2.5%.  (Of course there were a lot of deaths because nearly everyone got it and there were no antibiotics to treat bacterial super-infection.)  If you read the press coverage you'd think it was 99%.  Some perspective is sorely needed.

Berolzheimer

The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

Taproot

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »

Jay Kadis wrote on Thu, 30 April 2009 14:05

The media are playing up the H1N1 variant big time.  I just read that the "swine flu" epidemic of 1917-18 had a death rate of about 2.5%.  (Of course there were a lot of deaths because nearly everyone got it and there were no antibiotics to treat bacterial super-infection.)  If you read the press coverage you'd think it was 99%.  Some perspective is sorely needed.

Especially between bacterial and viral (and antibiotics and vaccines) and......
Rolling Eyes

In regards to the 1918 epidemic comment, that's like saying the Holocaust had only a small death toll..........percentage-wise. Come on, man!
Jeffrey Reed
Taproot Audio Design
Oxford, Mississippi
www.taprootaudiodesign.com
www.myspace.com/taprootaudio

"That boy's so dumb, he thinks the Mexican border pays rent!" -Foghorn Leghorn

JDNelson

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 05:01:12 PM »

Berolzheimer wrote on Thu, 30 April 2009 13:20

http://news.3yen.com/2009-04-29/pig-mask-for-the-porcine-pla gue/

Arrrgghhh... they've beat me to it!

Oh well, I'm always thinking WWMMD*.

*what would Milo Minderbinder do?

Jay Kadis

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »

Taproot wrote on Thu, 30 April 2009 13:46

Jay Kadis wrote on Thu, 30 April 2009 14:05

Especially between bacterial and viral (and antibiotics and vaccines) and......
Rolling Eyes

In regards to the 1918 epidemic comment, that's like saying the Holocaust had only a small death toll..........percentage-wise. Come on, man!
The difference between death rates of 2.5% and 99% is pretty significant, especially if you get the disease!  Comparing it to the Holocaust is apples-and-kumquats.

Berolzheimer

mgod

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 06:57:45 PM »

You know, I'm sorry, but that's so predictable and inevitable that I actually laughed after I clicked on the first link there.

You gotta give these guys points for consistency. They got all the angles covered.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

Berolzheimer

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 07:45:55 PM »

mgod wrote on Thu, 30 April 2009 15:57

You know, I'm sorry, but that's so predictable and inevitable that I actually laughed after I clicked on the first link there.

You gotta give these guys points for consistency. They got all the angles covered.

DS

Yes they do.  If there's a disaster to be profited from you can bet Cheney, Rummy & the rest of the corporatists have their fingers in it.  Doesn't provide much incentive for them to fix or protect things.

rollmottle

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 09:27:02 PM »

http://s-ec.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/4/29/10/swine-flu-mustache-5824-1241014268-2.jpg
SENTRALL Sound East
My SoundCloud | Twitter | www.sentrall.com

Taproot

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »

Jay Kadis wrote on Thu, 30 April 2009 15:29

The difference between death rates of 2.5% and 99% is pretty significant, especially if you get the disease!  Comparing it to the Holocaust is apples-and-kumquats.

Not trying to start and argument Jay. The comment just rubbed me the wrong way. The 1917-1918 epidemic was nothing to sneeze at (pun intended). I've had to stop watching the news. I guess that's what put me in a bad mood to begin with. Pretty ridiculous.  
Jeffrey Reed
Taproot Audio Design
Oxford, Mississippi
www.taprootaudiodesign.com
www.myspace.com/taprootaudio

"That boy's so dumb, he thinks the Mexican border pays rent!" -Foghorn Leghorn

Jay Kadis

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 10:12:13 AM »

Taproot wrote on Fri, 01 May 2009 06:43

Jay Kadis wrote on Thu, 30 April 2009 15:29

Not trying to start and argument Jay. The comment just rubbed me the wrong way. The 1917-1918 epidemic was nothing to sneeze at (pun intended). I've had to stop watching the news. I guess that's what put me in a bad mood to begin with. Pretty ridiculous.  
While the current threat may well be exaggerated, the 1918 flu was indeed quite virulent. My grandmother told the story of going to the theater with a friend and finding the next day that the woman had died overnight. It killed mainly by suffocation, likely due to the immune response it triggered. That is certainly something we want to avoid. But there is no indication this H1N1 strain is anything like that and that's why we need to question the hype that surrounds it.

The usual flu death rate is about 0.1% and if this comes close to the 2.5% of the so-called Spanish flu we'll be in for trouble.  But compare that to the 90+% death rate from hemorrhagic fevers like Ebola and you begin to get the picture.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 19 queries.