R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Protools updated - mix sounds different!  (Read 7671 times)

Jerry Tubb

Re: Protools updated - mix sounds different!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 12:15:14 PM »

So thanks to Matthew's hearty unfaltering recommendation I gave PT 8 a test drive yesterday.

I give it a thumb's up & kudos for the new look and stability:

Overall Look: the new dark high-tech look, shaded grey scale windows, more 3-dimensional appearance.

Mix window: redesigned with 3-D greyscale appearance, high resolution meters, more interesting Fonts, rotary pan knobs.

Edit window: redesigned with Universe view at top, Lane View for easier volume automation, high resolution waveforms, more interesting vibrant colors, submenus easier to read.

So I ITB mastered a couple songs with it, imported into Sonic PMCD, burned a disc, everything works fine!

Didn't crash at all on my Mac Book Pro, and of course it sounds great.

I'll run it "offline" for awhile to get used to the the user interface, see if there are any critical bugs.

And thanks to Waltz for the Waves 6 caution.

Cheers - JT
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

Bob Olhsson

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »

I think I read it was a PT8 problem with older waves versions too when you did a clean install.

leonardo valvassori

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 11:41:42 PM »

Bob Olhsson wrote on Sat, 21 February 2009 22:21

A real advantage of running pro tools on a PeeCee is that you aren't subject to Apple's new operating system of the month that has been going on with system neXt.

A couple of PTools guys I know here in T.O. love running pro tools on PC...regarding computers, that swiss army knife remark you made a couple of years ago really stuck with me.
Leonardo Valvassori

Bob Olhsson

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 11:59:19 AM »

When Avid released their flagship video editing system only for PeeCee, a number of video post houses also moved their PT rigs to PeeCee in order to to standardize systems management.

I understand that digi changed the D-Verb in le to match that in HD which would cause a bounce in LE 8 to sound different from a bounce in LE 7. There is also a report of a bug in Altiverb that would cause a change.

Nacho

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »

Hey guys, went up to PTHD v8.  
Not good news.

Lost my waves plugins (have to RE-PAY the waves update plan, come on!, I already paid for the plugins!!), lost a whole bunch of old other plugins, mixes DO sound different, if you have the Melodyne Bridge or Rewire plugins in the plugins folder PT will crash when loading up.  I had cs2 update installed.  I had to take both plugins out to make the PT run.

Also, Beat Detective and Elastic Time don't work fine.  Something happened to them.
Complete disappointment!!.

Went back to 7.4.2, won't go up till it gets fixed, if it gets fixed.
"The act of accomplishing nothing other than wastefulness is both exhausting and debilitating to the soul." -Mixerman
www.ptystudios.com
www.myspace.com/nachomolino
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.