R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 60 days wait for a new car - industry is hiring  (Read 3958 times)

mgod

Re: 60 days wait for a new car - industry is hiring
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 01:01:46 PM »

Skullsessions wrote on Thu, 23 April 2009 09:45

Daniel Farris wrote on Thu, 23 April 2009 11:40

Skullsessions wrote on Thu, 23 April 2009 09:35

We can lower tax rates as much as we want...but if the Fed keeps spending like drunken sailors, we'll be much, much worse off than we are now.

Wait a second. YOU laid out the criteria. I was simply pointing out that the administration had done three of the four things YOU mentioned.

If you don't think lowering taxes will work, why are you on the internet suggesting we should lower taxes?

DF

As usual.   You've missed the point.

Actually, as usual you missed your own point. Our southern-bred friend here was just politely pointing out to you that you're arguing against your own assertions. Even in Texas, its a little early in the day for a lot of alcohol.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

Daniel Farris

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »

Skullsessions wrote on Thu, 23 April 2009 09:45

As usual.   You've missed the point.

I didn't MISS the point.

You moved it.

DF

mgod

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »

Skullsessions wrote on Thu, 23 April 2009 09:43

I don't work in the auto industry.

But I do work for a company thay pays taxes.  It's easy.  The fewer taxes they pay, the more I can provide for me and mine.

I don't owe YOU or anyone else any part of that.

Do I?

Yes, you do. Or stay off my highways. I pay for them. And I also pay for our defense. So get the fuck out. It costs to live anywhere.

DS

Daniel Farris

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 01:13:13 PM »

But I do work for a company thay pays taxes.  It's easy.  The fewer taxes they pay, the more I can provide for me and mine.

Do I?

Not if Texas secedes.

DF

Skullsessions

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 02:22:09 PM »

mgod wrote on Thu, 23 April 2009 12:03

I don't work in the auto industry.

Do I?

Yes, you do. Or stay off my highways. I pay for them. And I also pay for our defense. So get the fuck out. It costs to live anywhere.

DS

LOL...no...you don't want me to leave.  Your state is broke...you need me.
James Hook
Houston, TX

mgod

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 02:34:25 PM »

I don't think so. Texas has little to offer anymore and some have a very bad attitude about what citizenship means. Pay your taxes without knee-jerk half-thought-out resentment and maybe you're useful to the rest of us. Otherwise you're a drag on the system that we all live in.

DS

Daniel Farris

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 02:54:35 PM »

It's true. Texas is a donor state, it gets $.94 back for each dollar it pays. But it's not in the top 10 donor states. The top 10 donor states are blue states, including California.

DF

rnicklaus

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »

Income tax rates for Brazil

Corporate Tax: Brazil's corporate tax rate for 2009 is 34%.The tax consists of a basic tax of 15%. There is also a surtax of 10% for annual income of over BRL 240,000, about $ 110,000. Additonal 9% are added for social contribution on net profits.
Capital Gains: Capital gains of companies are added to the regular income.

Social Security

The contributions by the employer and the employee are subject to to ceiling defined by law.

Employer: 37.3% of the gross salary, 28.8% social security and 8.5% for severance fund.
Employee: 7.65%-11% of the gross salary. The employee's payment, which is capped, is based on a "contribution salary table", provided by the government

Last partial update, March 2009

Individual Income Tax: Brazil's individual income tax rates for 2009 are progressive, from 7.5% to 27.5%.

Personal annual tax rates 2009 (BRL)

Income (BRL)   %
1-17,215   -
17,216-25,800   7.5
25,801-34,400   15
34,401-42,984   22.5
over 42,984   27.5
R.N.

rnicklaus

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »

The interest rate in Brazil is 11.25% AFTER the bank dropped the rates 2.5%.
R.N.

mgod

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 04:18:18 PM »

There you go again, trying to confuse the point again with facts instead of things that feel like they should be facts if only reality would conform to prejudice...

Personally I'd like to see Grover Norquist deported to Somalia where they succeeded in achieving his dream. No taxes there.

DS

YZ

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »

rnicklaus's numbers are correct.

Here we have one of the highest nominal interest rates of the world. When you discount our inflation, it is not that high.

But that is nothing, what is absurd is the spread...  a personal loan in a private bank would have 3x that in interest.

Taxes are high too; an average car pays 7% 'industrialized product tax' (Federal, after the recent reduction, was 14%), 20% 'merchandise circulation tax' (State) and an assortment of smaller taxes adding up to another 4 to 6%.

Building materials and most anything else have a similar amount of taxes.

So any reduction in such taxes has a big impact in the final cost to the consumer.
regards,

YZ

rnicklaus

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »

I thought Texas didn't want/need the federal government -

Perry takes precautionary measures to address swine flu

Austin — Gov. Rick Perry today in a precautionary measure requested the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provide 37,430 courses of antiviral medications from the Strategic National Stockpile to Texas to prevent the spread of swine flu. Currently, three cases of swine flu have been confirmed in Texas.

“As a precautionary measure, I have requested that medication be on hand in Texas to help curb the spread of swine flu by helping those with both confirmed and suspected cases of this swine flu virus, as well as healthcare providers who may have come in contact with these patients,” said Gov. Rick Perry. “We will continue to work with our local, state and federal health officials to ensure public safety is protected.”

The state is coordinating with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), as well as local and state health officials. Officials are closely monitoring the situation and investigating any possible links to confirmed cases in California and Mexico. Perry also informed DHS Secretary Napolitano in a phone call today of his request to the CDC.
R.N.

Daniel Farris

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »

Well, that's different.

The CDC polls just fine with his constituents.

That won't cost him re-election.

DF
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.