R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Want This Car  (Read 47821 times)

Otitis Media

Re: I Want This Car
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2010, 10:15:19 PM »

The Cayenne is stupid-awesome.

I like the Rangies now that they're getting the 5.0L V8 - heck, I liked them with the earlier V8, too - especially when supercharged, but really, the Cayenne just murders everyone.

The BMW X5 and X6 are stonking in their own right, and the flagrantly hideous styling of the X6 is a nice extended middle finger to the world.

Oh, and C6 Vettes are phenomenal. One of the favorite media rides I've had. All-time fave was the Dodge Viper. Like a bat to the head, and yet easy to manhandle up to about 8.5/10ths once you get over the initial intimidation. Get too comfortable, and it can bite, but just incredible.

And I got one of my favorite pics ever from it, too:
http://otitis-media.net/Viper_01.jpg
Dan Roth
Hired Gun

mikeconrad

« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2010, 02:06:37 AM »

I'm glad to see some beetle love here. If I hear one more "chick car" reference I'm gonna...continue to not give a rip cause I love this car just like I loved my 70's beetle.
Here's a pic before I picked it up at the dealer.

index.php/fa/15653/0/
 If anything I have just written insulted or offended you please understand that it was only meant in jest,
unless it wasn't.

NelsonL

« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2010, 03:37:14 AM »

Otitis Media wrote on Sun, 17 October 2010 19:15

The Cayenne is stupid-awesome.

I like the Rangies now that they're getting the 5.0L V8 - heck, I liked them with the earlier V8, too - especially when supercharged, but really, the Cayenne just murders everyone.

The BMW X5 and X6 are stonking in their own right, and the flagrantly hideous styling of the X6 is a nice extended middle finger to the world.

snip...

I can't imagine owning either, but I've driven and/or reviewed both the Supercharged 2010 Range and the X5 M and both are nucking futs. It just seems wrong for something that heavy to have that much pick up.

Cars like that are exciting but kinda scary, as in, the engineering is amazing but is there really a reason for this car to exist? Especially here where people come flying up behind you and tail gate within inches even if the right most lane is blocked.

The BMW in particular has horribly guilt inducing fuel consumption, we almost ran out of gas when we tried to use it as a camera car.

I also reviewed and preferred the 535i GT-- guess I'm a German soccer mom at heart.

Berolzheimer

« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »

We recorded an X-5 for Inception and it's one of my favorite car recordings yet.  I wasn't along for that session but the guys who were said it was ridiculously quick.
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

Podgorny

« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »

The X-5 is an enjoyable drive for an SUV.
But I haven't LOVED anything BMW made after the E28.  Seems to me that they lost the plot and tried to take over Mercedes Benz' market.
"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

Barry Hufker

« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2010, 03:10:15 AM »

OK, now I want *this* car.  And I hope you've been keeping track in this thread of the cars I want.  There *will* be a quiz.

http://jalopnik.com/5688537/screw-cobra-replicars-we-want-an -allard-j2x

Barry

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 19 queries.