R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Survey on the future of mastering  (Read 1482 times)

fuzzychris

Survey on the future of mastering
« on: April 29, 2009, 01:13:55 PM »

Hello!

My name is Christoph and for my degree (bachelor of recording arts), I have developed a survey concerning the future of mastering.
I am an employee in a german berlin-based mastering studio.
It would be great and help me very much if some of you would participate. If you are interested in the results, I will share them on http://www.audio.grae-fe.de/ if it's evaluated and visualized (approximately end of june, I will do another post here then).

The survey will last between 5 and 10 minutes, is completely anonymous and can be found here:

[edit - removed by moderator]

The language can be switched english/german.

Thank you for your support!

Christoph G.

bblackwood

Re: Survey on the future of mastering
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:25:56 PM »

Look, I know you're trying to do your assignment here, but these questionnaires pop up every couple of months and frankly, it's a bit tiring to have folks come along and register solely to take from the experience pooled here while giving nothing to the community in return.

I wish you well, but this kind of thing rubs me the wrong way.

If the forumites here want it, I'll let this sort of thing stand, but I find it an offense to the community, personally.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

fuzzychris

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 08:19:14 PM »

Ok, i understand. I said I will present the results to the public. And although I'm not contributing something to your community regularly, I think that the results of this survey will be a kind of valuable thing for everybody. I will  post them in every forum that i bothered with it, promised.
I'm sorry if i should act against the rules, but i don't really think that this is the case, personally. Maybe the moderator will put the link back  in, maybe not> http://www.voycer.de/umfrage/?sid=71364&lang=english.
Otherwise, it would make sense to delete the thread. thanks.

TotalSonic

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »

Christoph -
I participated in your survey when I saw the link on GS - however I felt it's questions were often naive of how the music industry currently works and what possible future trends for it are also evident - and felt also that sometimes the survey was worded in a leading way.  Generally - I think there are many more "greys" than simple "black & white" answers for the issues you are trying to examine and that a broader discussion than just a simple survey would gain a much better perspective on how things currently exist as well as possible futures.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.