R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disco OK as OSX Image Maker/Manager?  (Read 1230 times)

Dave Davis

Disco OK as OSX Image Maker/Manager?
« on: April 10, 2009, 12:27:15 PM »

I haven't seen this app in awhile but I noticed it was on sale and did some things I could use:
http://www.discoapp.com/

I definitely could benefit from being able to open PC Cue files and other image formats.  Disco seems to do all this.  It's hard to mess up something that simple but then again, it happens every day.  

Anyone use this thing?  Does it work cleanly?  Do you trust it?

dave-G

Re: Disco OK as OSX Image Maker/Manager?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 02:03:13 PM »

I'd never heard of this thing before.   Or perhaps I seniled it out.

"With Disco we tried pushing the boundaries of interface, usability, and utter functional simplicity. Well, once you realize that Disco is emitting real time smoke as you burn, we start redefining the boundaries of progress indication. You can even blow into your microphone and the smoke will react accordingly."

With features as dorktastic as that, I genuinely hope it's good.   Would be cool if it could open/burn from DDP too.  

Looks like a good utility for making disc-based backups, maybe for adding to an image for enhanced-CD type stuff, but I'm not clear on how much more it does. ..

+1 for interest in hearing from anyone using it.

-dave
DAVE GREENBERG
SONOPOD MASTERING

Dave Davis

Re: Disco OK as OSX Image Maker/Manager?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 03:42:47 PM »

Yeah... I'd just like to be able to open some of the formats directly.  And make some others for interchange with clients, not necessarily mastering.

DDP isn't a biggie - sB does it, and maybe a couple other apps I have too, but hey, I hear ya, $20 DDP opener would be cool.  BTW - many daws will open the image.dat if you add an .sd2 extension to it...

Now that I think about it considering all the e-mastering I've been doing, it might be worth $20 to test a few round-trips with in my copious spare time...

-d-
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.