R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 002 Troubleshooting  (Read 1664 times)

typek

002 Troubleshooting
« on: March 29, 2009, 05:47:43 PM »

Hey guys -
Need some direction here.. I have this 002 that powers on, everything looks fine but the firewire posts don't work. I have assumed it is not the computer since I have since bought a new 002 and it works fine. I would like to fix the broken one and sell it - but I am not sure where to start. Suggestions?

The LED's that power on when I power the 002 are the sample rate LED underneath 44.1 and the red MUTE LED.

Thanks, and help is appreciated..

Bill_Urick

Re: 002 Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »

When we have encountered this I believe it has been the IC that feeds the 1394 jacks. It's a surface mount and a bit of disassembly is required to get to it. Probably best to take it to a Digi service center near you.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

amorris

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:43:24 AM »

I had a buddy with a 002 that would lose 1394 connection during operation that occured because the huge monter cable connector would stress the connection. replacing the cable with a normal sized cable fixed it and he had no more problems.

might not be the same problem but i post so others might be helped.

sodderboy

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:24:36 AM »

Have you replaced the internal power harness?  That was a free factory fix for registered owners back when the 002 was first made, so maybe yours did not get it?
Mike
PS: have you also searched the DUC and support areas of digidesign.com?  That first step always answers most of my questions.

Joe Russo

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 09:40:12 AM »

Very likely is the harness. I think there's a "power" and "digital" harness.

On mine, I simply removed the harnesses and cleaned the pins with a tiny bit of Deox-It and then Pro-Gold. I think that was two years ago and it's still fine.

Joe Russo

compasspnt

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 12:19:27 AM »

Almost certainly the harness.

If you can't get a replacement, merely reseating the existing one often will do the trick, at least for a while.

Then do it again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.