R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Benchmark DAC1 users....  (Read 9764 times)

Bob Olhsson

Re: Benchmark DAC1 users....
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 12:05:24 PM »

The Benchmark sounds better with the switch set to bypass the volume control. I've heard it trounce some of the highest end converters in some setups and sound little better than a DAT machine in others.

You really need to always listen for yourself in your own signal path. I'm convinced that it tells the often ugly truth in mine.

duckhunter

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 02:32:31 PM »

Bob Olhsson wrote on Wed, 11 March 2009 11:05

The Benchmark sounds better with the switch set to bypass the volume control. I've heard it trounce some of the highest end converters in some setups and sound little better than a DAT machine in others.

You really need to always listen for yourself in your own signal path. I'm convinced that it tells the often ugly truth in mine.

So, to make it clearer for me, you are saying that if I bypass the volume knob in the front of my DAC1 and rely solely on the calibrated controllers on the rear, I should hear a perceptible improvement?
Studio 89

OTR-jkl

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 10:41:40 PM »

duckhunter wrote on Wed, 11 March 2009 13:32

So, to make it clearer for me, you are saying that if I bypass the volume knob in the front of my DAC1 and rely solely on the calibrated controllers on the rear, I should hear a perceptible improvement?

If this is so, the Goldpoint SA1X would likely be a great tool inline between the DAC1 and your amp/monitors...
J Lowes ยท OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering

auxx

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »

Quote:

There is no room in the box for a larger potentiometer.

FWIW...

its outside the box attached on the blind-plate.

duckhunter

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 11:54:48 AM »

OTR-jkl wrote on Wed, 11 March 2009 21:41

duckhunter wrote on Wed, 11 March 2009 13:32

If this is so, the Goldpoint SA1X would likely be a great tool inline between the DAC1 and your amp/monitors...

I currently use a Mackie Big Knob between my DAC and the monitor amp.
Studio 89

Schnert

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 08:00:53 PM »

zmix wrote on Mon, 02 March 2009 22:51

Benchmark held a listening test at Avatar Studios where they  performed an A/B/X test comparing a source file and a 20th generation copy (employing their DAC-1 and ADC-1).

I would be very curious to hear such a test performed using a Mytek or Lavry converters.

Any Takers?

Hey, I just did such a test with some converters...No Mytek og Lavry's though.

Have a listen here.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.