R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Embedding 'sound' in a book???  (Read 10955 times)

Emmatron

Embedding 'sound' in a book???
« on: March 06, 2011, 08:37:39 AM »

Hi,

I'm currently writing a thesis about acoustic architecture and I want to have something embedded in the final book which is capable of playing a series of (previously recorded) sounds at the push of a button, either through tiny speakers (a bit like those kids books which play songs, but less corny) or through some attached headphones (the messy option) Is there anything out there which is:

1. tiny and can be embedded in the back cover of a hardback book
2. lets me upload multiple sound files to it
3. allows playback through mini speakers at the push of a button

Or would I be better off buying a mini (cheap) Mp3 player and little headphones? Rolling Eyes

Thanks
EKM
Very Happy

Fletcher

Re: Embedding 'sound' in a book???
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »

While it is definitely possible to do - there are all kinds of "greeting cards" that play sound [can't call that audio!!] I have no idea where to find something like that or make it generally available.

Some years ago Denny Purcell of Georgetown Masters did some X-mas cards with music he had recorded.  I don't know where to get them made, and Denny has passed to the great mastering lab in the sky so you can't ask him... but I have a feeling that with a bit of research you will be able to find a similar system [obviously you were starting that research here... unfortunately - that kind of "delivery" is not our province].

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 17 queries.